Thursday, November 5, 2020

Turkey Time!


With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I knew I had to get busy with some cards to send out. I pulled out the Lawn Fawn Tiny Box die and Turkey/Peacock add-on dies to make this card. I die cut a pastel green pre-embossed panel with MFT stitched square dies to mat the white panel - which was embossed with a Darice ef and lightly colored with Derwent pencils. The turkey was assembled with snippets of cardstock and popped onto the main panel with foam dots. I added some clear Wink of Stella onto the snood just for fun. The die-cut stitched blue cloud was added to break up the dark green color of the card base. The fence was done with a Martha Stewart punch and the grass was die-cut with a Sweet 'n Sassy grass border die. The tiny leaves and acorn were negatives from an EK leaves border punch that I added just for fun. The stamped sentiment is from SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes (2009-10)


 Since I had all the dies out, I figured I'd make a couple treat boxes too. One with wings up and one with wings down - since I couldn't decide which version I liked best 😜

Sharing with the following challenges:




NBUS Challenge #20 - lawn fawn turkey add-on dies




Retro Rubber Challenge #147 - a/g using stamps older than 1 year


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your day is a happy one for you!

Carol


21 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great Thanksgiving card and love the die-cut turkey and picket fence-love the two little treat boxes too
Carol x

Suzanne H said...

Wow! These are adorable. The wings up looks super happy and the wings down looks more serious. Both are great!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ho my, how cute tiny boxes!!! They make me smile with their turkey shape! And the matching card is adorable too!! Too fun! :D You have always great ideas!! Well done my friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope it brings good notices ;) Big hugs across the miles!!

Donna said...

Fabulous card and cute boxes! You have the best collection of dies!

Claire said...

Aww you know I love your treat boxes, I can't believe the variety you have and the way you assemble them in fun colours and poses. I like him centre stage on the card with all the cute elements especially the white picket fence... such a nice way to raise a smile :) x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the turkeys....great on the card and also on the treat boxes.

Maria said...

Your card and treat boxes are super cute! Love the turkeys with the wings up or down! I’m sure you had tons of fun making these awesome projects!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and so adorable love these happy characters. xxx

Stampsnob. said...

Ove the little turkeys,,,,,Lis

cotnob said...

A super card and cute treat boxes Carol, I love your fun Turkey dies.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What incredible makes Carol, these are just fabulous. Your card has so much detail and the boxes are so fun. Love them both.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Carol, that little turkey is the CUTEST!! What a clever way to use the dies with the card design too! Very cute scene you've made and of course the boxes are just as sweet!! I think someone will be smiling at these treats for sure!! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! what an adorable turkey!!! Love how you turned the box into a card and, of course, I love those tiny boxes, what a cute little gift to give to teachers and co-workers filled with some yummy candy.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
Hugs,
Maria/DT

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is adorable and so are your treat boxes. I have been the recipient of some of those cute items that you make...so I know how much they will be appreicated!

Darnell said...

So, so cute, Carol! I needed to see these cuties just before turning in tonight to point my brain in a happy direction! Each one is so well put together and a great use of snippets. And I like the wings both way, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Jules said...

Hi Carol

What fun makes.

I particularly love the little gift boxes you have made.

Hope all is well at your end.

Love Jules xx

MiamiKel said...

Carol, these are just a burst of joy! I love the little turkeys and such a fun way to dress up the holiday table :) Very cheerful and such cute little fellas! You are so creative! xo

Di said...

What fun these are Carol! Such cute little turkeys and a great way to use up snippets as well. Lovely work.

Hugs

Di xx

jimlynn said...

These will keep me smiling all the way into next week!!! So clever and cute. Love!

Janice M said...

OMGosh are these little turkeys ever adorable?!! Sure to bring lots of smiles!

TK said...

OMG -- these are cute! Love the card but your boxes are pretty fun too!