Monday, October 21, 2019

Thanksgiving Bag-A-Lope


While reading Vicki's recent blog post, she made a Bag-A-Lope and posted a video showing how to make one. I was intrigued as I'd never seen one before, so of course I had to give it a try! I've had a pack of black envelopes for quite a while and seldom use them, so I figured I'd try to make one and this is the result. I like how it turned out and it's perfect for giving hand-made treats at Thanksgiving dinner! I used an unbranded mesh die along with some Lawn Fawn stitched leaves and added a punched SU! sentiment from the "Tags 4 You" stamp set. (Incidentally, if anyone knows of someone who has this stamp set and wants to sell it, please let me know!  Blogging friends have stamped a whole bunch of sentiments for me from this set and they're all just about gone, and I hate to keep asking for favors)
I added 3 different colored enamel dots from SU! along with a twine bow. I cut the top edge with a pair of deckle-edge scissors. I didn't add ribbon yet as I don't know what I'll fill this with, but I can easily add that later. Thanks for the tutorial Vicki - I just love this great little idea!

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:



SPREAD THE CRAFTY LOVE - grab a badge!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!

Carol

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOVE your bag!! The leaves are so pretty and look real. Love the mesh die too!!! I don't have that stamp you're talking about but hopefully you'll find it somewhere. Glad you're playing in the PIP challenge too and good luck!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

LOL, we made bagalopes when I first started stamping, I had forgotten all about them! How cool that you had these envelopes to put to good use. LOVE that grid die, it creates such a wonderful background!
Wish I had that stamp set, I don't, but I'll ask around!

*Vicki* said...

Yay Carol! So happy to see that you've tried it out and had fun with it!! I absolutely LOVE that you've used the black envelope for the bag as you can see how vibrant the Fall colors with your dies and twine are! What a lovely sentiment to use with it as well! A very striking design and a thank you again for sharing my friend!! I love it!! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea I have a box full of envelopes!Love the mesh die and Autumn leaves
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of your black envelope, it is perfect to make the warm colours of the leaves and the mesh just POP!!
The label is very beautiful, too! I haven't this stamp set, sorry. Perhaps you could find it on ebay?
Hugs

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It came out super amazing! Everything old is new again!

Liz said...

Love your bag, Carol. What a great design! xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

An outstanding bag design with the pretty leaves and that background. They really pop on the black background.

Maria said...

Oh, so lovely! Very pretty and gorgeous contrast in color!

Kim said...

Cute little bag. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

JD/ Jill said...

So cute, Carol! Very nicely done. Sure wish I had that stamp so I could help you. But I don't! Hope you have a great week!

aussie aNNie said...

Great bag and colours, wow, the leaves are just gorgeous.x

Stampsnob. said...

Real interesting design Good job ............Lis

Wendy said...

Bagalopes are awesome! I have not made one since I first got into stamping so I might have to revisit this idea as well! Thanks for sharing Vicki's link! Your bag is so pretty and all ready for Thanksgiving. Love that mesh diecut as it makes everything pop! If you need more sentiments from this set please let me know, i'd be happy to stamp some and send you! It's a great set!

Brenda in IN said...

I went off yesterday to watch the bag video and forgot to come back and comment here! This is so stunning with that autumn rust against the black. You also reminded me I have mesh I could use along with that sentiment die. So thanks for posting this link and great Halloween bag-a-lope.

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Carol, gorgeous colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claire said...

Gosh, the rich colours of the mesh and leaves really jumps on the black base... it's looks awesome. I like the shape of the sentiment, no wonder you'd like the set... fingers crossed you get lucky and find one :) x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It’s a great project! I saw the video too and was really impressed!

Terri Winske said...

Such a pretty and practical creation! Love the mesh die cut....it really adds a nice touch! Great design also. Thank you for sharing this with us at PIP Challenges!