Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Autumn Colors and Leaves


I've had a paper pad by Debbie Mumm for much too long, and wanted to finally USE these pretty Autumn themed papers. First up is a card where I used some GinaK Coral Reef orange, along with some celery colored green card stock for the background. I love this sketch design and it makes great cards with those little snippets of dsp. I added some leaves that were colored with alcohol inks and die-cut with Lawn Fawn stitched leaf dies. The sentiment is from SU!

I'll enter this card into the Cuttlebug Mania "Hello Autumn" challenge


Here's another of the same design made with a gold card base, some grass green card, and a larger Lawn Fawn stitched leaf die cut. The dsp is from the same paper pad, but a slightly different color than the one above. I added a Northwoods stamped greeting in dark brown ink.

I'll share this one with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "fall/autumn colors

 Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment. I wish you all a wonderful day!

Carol

16 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card, Very nicely done. But it's reminding me that I need to get out and rake my leaves. smile!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I too tend to not use my most beautiful papers... But I bought them to use... Absurd, isn't it? LOL :D So well done for using these amazing autumnal patterns!! Both the cards are so pretty, love the design with the three panels and the stitched leaves!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wow, what gorgeous paper and such a great design!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol! These are both absolutely gorgeous! I love the paper choice and the leaf as a focal point - perfect! It's fall! Here we have only one season - SUMMER, lol. Beautiful as always!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Autumn cards using that pretty pattern paper backgrounds. They are so gorgeous!

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Carol, lovely Autumn papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These cards are really pretty! I love the paper and dies, and the Warm Hello sentiment is in such a pretty font! Great job! Hope you have a good day!

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! That paper is so pretty and your added leaves and design are spot on! Great Fall cards! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

*Vicki* said...

Wow! These Autumn designs look stunning Carol! I love the papers so much and also how you've cut the three panels for the card design! Both of these are nicely done my friend! HUGS

Maria said...

Lovely fall cards! Such pretty background paper with leaves! Wonderful leaf die cuts and perfect sentiments, too!

Claire said...

Pretty Autumnal cards in rich seasonal colours, what I think is very clever is the way you've used stitched leaf die cuts to match the leaves on the patterned paper x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the B.papers and Autumn leaves
carol x

Jannie said...

What a beauti-fall card!!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs & hugs
Jannie

Diana @ Playing Without Limits said...

I just finished off some Debbie Mum paper with the last Halloween entry. I love what you did here. So simple but so classy.

Diana @ Playing
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

Swissie said...

A wonderful autumn card, Carol!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Hugs, Swissie DT (Liv)

Swissie said...

A wonderful autumn card, Carol!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Hugs, Swissie DT (Liv)