Monday, July 22, 2019

One for the Frogs



Recently I heard a story from a child whose "pet frog" ran away. I decided to make a card to bring a smile, and I placed the frog inside the jar so it can't run off like the real one did. LOL
I used some papers and card stock from Lawn Fawn, embossing the panel with a Next Level Gemstone ef from WeRMemoryKeepers. 
The frog, jar, and sentiment are all from the 2004 Stamp set "All Wrapped Up" and I fussy cut the jar and lid after coloring and embossing them with clear detail ep. 

I based the design of this card on the MFT Wednesday sketch challenge #446


 I used an old, retired stamp set as well, so I'll enter this into the Retro Rubber Challenge #115 -Color Me!- which is to use the colors of purple, green, and yellow and always use a stamp more than 1 year old.

I used leftover snippets and I'll enter this into the Snippets Playground #357.

Also entering into the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies 28th challenge since there's a critter on this card :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a hoppy Monday.

Carol

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun card Carol, and love so much the tri-colours embossed background, fabulous 3D look! The jar pops against it! The frog looks so cute! :) Brilliant work as always!!
Hugs!

Darnell said...

Another great snippets make, Carol, and use of pretty pp, which looks especially cool embossed! Your sweet little frog in the jar reminds me of our pet frog, Fred. Not very original, I know, but little Dan named him when he brought him home at the end of the school year when no one else would take him. That little tree frog ended up living in an aquarium with us for two years and he used to hop over to the end of the tank and jump up on the glass whenever I came into the room. Sniff. I still miss that little guy and feel guilty, since I'm pretty sure he only passed away because we got a little puppy to raise and I stopped giving Fred attention. So thank you for reminding me of the happy times with our little smiling Fred! (Do I share this same memory every time you make a frog card? Showing my age, lol!) Hugs, Darnell

jimlynn said...

How CUTE!!! Love the frog in the jar. Great background too with that embossing. Fantastic card.
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

This is fabulous card, nice to make a card for the little one losing his frog. x

MiamiKel said...

Oh My goodness, Carol - what a clever card! I love the beautiful background -looks quilt-like and just a great texture for the sweet little frog in a jar! Love the story :) Cute, cute! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A GREAT fun card, beautifully done Carol.
Faith x

Jan Clothier said...

What a fabulous sense of dimension your embossing folder has made! The frog in a jar is so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

Stampsnob. said...

Frogs are always welcome Love the folder on the quilt like background ..Lis

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh dear, that is such a cute story about the frog. Great card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! that embossing folder sure looks amazing on your card, love the shadows it created on your patterned papers.
And your little froggy is adorable, what a smile!!!
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Wendy said...

So stinkin cute, Carol! I remember that frog well from that old set! He looks amazing with those snippets of different paper you used! I also love that you embossed it! For sure a fun kids card! TFS

cotnob said...

A sweet card Carol, I like your embossed panels and cute frog - he certainly will not be running away!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Great image love the little frog and embossed papers-our chickens just caught a little frog poor thing and ran off with it before hubby could get it
carol x

creative lady said...

Lovely card! Love the color block and the embossed background. Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Di said...

So cute! We have frogs in our garden, not pond, but they come from somewhere! And I adore that EF!!

Sorry I'm late commenting - blame Dudley Dog :)

Hugs

Di xx