Tuesday, November 13, 2018

TMS #479


Hello again and welcome to the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #479.
This is a real fun design by Melissa and has possibilities for making lots of cute cards!


I had to drag out my old quilting templates to make the shape for this card. I'd almost forgotten I still had them but they came in handy this time around! I used a Lawn Fawn stamp for the image, adding some fuzz to the bunny's tail with liquid applique and puffing it up with a heat gun after it dried. I used a piece of pink polka dot dsp and stamped tiny hearts all over it, then added the sentiment, also by Lawn Fawn. This was a very quick and easy card to make once I figured out how to get that diamond shape!

I hope you'll come play along with us because there's a nice prize up for grabs again this week....


It's a Tim Holtz set with a stamp, 2 dies, and an embossing folder! Nice!

You could be the winner of this prize if you come and play along with this week's sketch challenge! Be sure to head over to the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge Blog and get inspired by our expanded design team! You'll be glad you did when you see what they've made!

I'm also going to share this card with the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge #20 which is to use a critter on your card.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Tuesday!

Carol

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cute card, Carol! Love that sweet little bunny and wonderful sentiment on this! Love how you used the Liquid Applique for the puffy bunny tail! You always add such neat details! Great card and just perfect for this week's sketch! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have the song about Little Bunny Foo Foo stuck in mt head now! Ha Ha... This is super cute!

Andrea W said...

That little bunny is so sweet and I love how you added the hearts to the dsp. Darling card!

*Vicki* said...

I adore that sweet little bunny with his fluffy tail Carol!! The colors are very sweet along with the tiny hearts in the background! What a really fun and unique sketch design!! Thanks for sharing how you've done it! HUGS P.S. Thanks for joining with us in our challenge this month at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!! :)

jimlynn said...

So pretty and cute. Love the way you did that bunny tail. All the hearts are great.
Lynn

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a cute bunny.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet and adorable card with that cute bunny and the lovely paper! The puffy tail makes me smile and love the tiny hearts!
This week sketch seems simple. Perhaps I have a diamond die to use, I will take a look in my dies organizers. Hope to have time to play!
Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a darling card with that cute bunny.

Jenée said...

Darling little bunny image -- perfect for the sketch. Love the combination of papers and image. Not particularly an easy sketch, but you rocked it!

Janice M said...

Good thing you had those quilting templates! Love the liquid applique on the tail. Sound like old man winter is coming a little early. Stay safe!

Mrs A. said...

This looks a nice easy sketch which even I thiNk I can manage! Lol. Not very good with following sketches. Adorable bunny image too. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Cute bunny and sure love the heart on the butt. The design is so lovely and sure need to see if I can enter this time...still unwell with asthma now so hope to rest and craft today...Loving the simple design and results.xx

Lori said...

Oh my goodness - that little bunny is so cute! Love the little-stamped hearts scattered about the card.

Patti said...

This is sweet and simple, love the extra touch of the fluffy tail. Nice that you had your quilt templates too!

Melissa Craig said...

How adorable is this! You know, when I designed this sketch I didn't think about how to create it on paper. I didn't have quilt templates but what a great idea!

Debbie said...

Aw! This is so sweet!!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I do love this, Carol! Great idea to use a quilting die to get the shape you wanted. OK, time for a DT hat - I'm so happy that you decided to play in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Thank you and good luck.
NanaConnie DT