Friday, November 16, 2018

Autumn Birthday Card


I've really been having fun playing with my Spellbinders leaf die this fall, along with a great pack of autumn leaves dsp I picked up real cheap at Tuesday Morning last year. I put this birthday card together with a snippet of cocoa colored cardstock that was embossed with a Darice falling leaves ef, and added a narrow strip of sparkly washi tape to divide the panels. The leaf was die-cut, then covered with Versamark ink and clear embossed to give it some shine. I placed it on a stitched die-cut orange panel, and placed it on a gold panel that was backed with dark brown cardstock. The sentiment was done with a wooden stamp that has no name - purchased from my lSS and the leaves were done with an EK border punch. I tied some gold cording around the stem just for fun.

I'm sharing this with the Shopping our Stash challenge #380 which is Tic-Tac-Toe and uses the following grid:



I used the top row across to make my card.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Friday! We got dumped with about 4-5 inches of snow yesterday and things are just beginning to get moving again. Lot of folks were stuck on the highways throughout the night until the ice could be cleared from the roads. What a mess! BTW, it's not even winter yet! Autumn flew away with summer and I completely missed it apparently!

Carol

14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Love the effect with the embossing folder and super autumnal colours.
Hugs Mrs A.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think I missed it, also! My stress level was at it's maxi yesterday. I hated my GS being stuck in a car on an icy road for hours. NJ turning into total gridlock! As for this wonderful card, that embossing just makes everything pop! Have a great weekend!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This Spellbinders leaf is really gorgeous and outstandig, especially with your clear embossing treatment!! And love the dry embossed background too! Those tiny punched leaves look so cute :) and the paper is just perfect! Well done!
Seasons are going away from the world... :(
Stay warm! Hugs

Janice M said...

You've been rocking that leaf die this year! Love the way its embossed so pretty. Love Tuesday Morning! Sadly ours closed awhile back so I don't get to one to often. I didn't make near enough Fall cards this year and they are my favorite to make.

cotnob said...

A super autumn card Carol, a beautiful leaf die.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another beautiful Autumn card design. Here where we live it looks like winter with a snow cover and more coming down. Just in time for our family get together this weekend for Thanksgiving. I hope they all get here okay.

jimlynn said...

Pretty card for autumn and a birthday. Love the big leaf die.
So glad you were ok with all that messy weather yesterday. Thank goodness you didn't have to be out on the roads.
Lynn

Claire said...

Lots of fabulous dimension and texture on your card. The leaf looks lovely matted, layered and embossed as the main focal point. Great card Carol x

Liz said...

Lovely design, Carol, I love your colour choice. xx

Stampsnob. said...

Love these muted colors …..Lis

Wendy said...

SO pretty, Carol! You know how much I love that EF and that gorgeous leaf together! WOW< WOW< WOW! Perfect colors of Fall even though it looks like winter outside my window...

Donna said...

That leaf die is gorgeous!
Thanks for playing TIC TAC TOE with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooooooh how i LOVE this... that embossed panel under the gorgeous leaf is such perfection! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Great Autumn themed birthday card!