Saturday, March 29, 2014

Simon Says Sup?


I made this card following the Tuesday Morning sketch #242 and based the card on the Simon Says Wednesday challenge which is anything with buttons.

I stamped the infamous Simon Says Stamp dog and fussy cut him, popping him up with dimensionals. I dressed him up with a snazzy plaid sweater and added a matching bowtie and some cool glasses. The button was done with a MS punch and I colored the twine with a Copic marker to match the card stock. The sentiment was done with wooden stamps (no name) and I layered this with snippets of dsp and cardstock from my scrap bin.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great weekend!

Carol

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

OMGosh, he is such a riot! Great job, Carol. You are so creative. I love the way he is all dressed up.

jimlynn said...

What a cutie!!! Love the sweater and of course the stylish glasses! Precious.
Lynn

Benzi said...

Sup, my friend? Having good weather? It's rainy here and ugly. Supposed to clear off this afternoon. Ruined a day working in the yard. Ugh!

I love that plaid sweater and matching bowtie. Your made the cutest card and your doggie is stylin'. I love it!

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, I love the colors and you textured paper also. I have really got to get me one of those button punches. Adore the sentiment!!! Have fun in the rain.

Irish Cherokee said...

Cute pup. Sure to bring a smile to the recipient. Nice.

Sue from Oregon said...

Had to laugh...this doggie is dress for partying!!!

downrightcrafty said...

what a great card love it, did make me smile
Hugs Kate xx

nwilliams6 said...

Carol, this is wonderful! Love that fun sentiment and that image is just the cutest! Hugz!

Debbie said...

Too cute!! I love his jacket!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card, Carol!

Brenda said...

Aww, what a cute card Carol! I am really loving that MS button punch. I love that dog too and I love how you have dressed him up. So cute! Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee! Simon's dog is so stylin'!!! I love that he has a plaid jacket and it's a hoodie! And that it matches the background paper. That's a fun greeting. Sup, indeed!

Darnell said...

Here I am catching up on my visiting again! I had to stop on this one, of course! What you do with the critters is phenomenal, Carol! That dog is DEFINITELY thinking that!! lol! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL! Simon is exceptionally dapper in his glasses and plaid sweater. Awesome card, Carol! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes With Buttons.