Tuesday, July 16, 2024

July is For the Birds


I finally found time to make a couple cards and use up some pretty papers from SU! that a thoughtful friend shared with me a while ago. I used an unbranded bird die along with a snippet of kraft which was also cut with an unbranded burlap die, and placed them both on 2 stitched circles from MFT. I found the directions to make this diamond card on a brand new challenge called "Love Those Pretty Papers" which inspired me to play along. Lord knows I have more than enough paper in my stash so I knew this would be a no-brainer! 😊
The sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers which unfortunately closed quite a few years ago. I added a black diamond dot to the bird's eye, along with 3 yellow ones just for fun

I will enter this card into these challenges :

Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge #1 - A/G using patterned papers

The Triple B July 2024 Challenge - Birds, Blooms, Butterflies; use 1,2, or all 3

 

Using the same SU! paper pad, I made a 2nd card using some different patterns along with a different sentiment. I used a dark green card base for this one and added some white candy dots for accents along with a black dot for the bird's eye. I colored the bird with Copics and added an older sentiment that has the name worn off after so many years of using it.

I'll share this card with these two challenges:

The Snippets Playground #484 - Must Use Snippets (the entire card was made with snippets)

the Allsorts Challenge Week #789 - Use Circles or A/G

Thanks for stopping by and I hope it's cool where you live. We are bracing for triple digit temperatures today with very high humidity, so I'll be staying indoors without a doubt! Keeping my fingers crossed that my old A/C unit keeps working and we soon get some much-needed rain too! 😉

Carol

 

20 comments:

Sarn said...

Got dual hats on today Carol! With my Allsorts GD one on, I’d like to say thanks for entering this smashing card into the challenge and using the theme.

With my Playground Prefect’s badge in, I’d like to say thanks for coming to play with this card. Lovely layout and great use of your snippets. Saved you a choccy cookie. Xxx

Donna said...

These are stunning cards Carol! The bird is darling, like how you colored it and those backgrounds are fabulous!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh that little bird is super cute! Love how you've colored him and very cool design using those papers with the triangle layout design too! There's always room for using those papers for sure and glad you were able to pull out those pretty ones! These are both gorgeous cards! We had high wind storms come through last night, but all is ok now. Some around the area without power still though.
Stay cool my friend!

Aquarius said...

A great way of using some of your pretty papers - cute bird die as well

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous designs, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love that sweet, little bird! Hugs, Valerie

Wendy said...

Oh, Carol....these are gorgeous cards! Love the paper (*wink) and that adorable bird die! Great design as well! Yep, today is horrible and I hate keeping Bailee inside but it's way to hot for her. I am praying for some rain, too! My AC has been on 70 all day and it does not even feel like it's on. Let's hope for some cooler weather! Hang in there!

brenda said...

The design and colours are very pleasing on the eye Carol and the focal circle just perfect for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful cards, Carol!
I love the bird die and how you've used those pretty papers.
The diamond card design is so creative, and the colored bird on the second card is delightful!

Happy Wednesday!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... both cards are FABULOUS and I'm so glad you used the fun, easy technique we shared on our new challenge blog. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our new Love Those Pretty Papers challenge as well as our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Irish Cherokee said...

We got the much needed rain yesterday but now I am thinking it has to be really high humidity outside. I peeked at the thermometer out side in the shed wall and it reads 90 degrees in the shade. UGH!

I love both cards. They produced an immediate smile, which I needed today.

Hugs and Blessings

JD/ Jill said...

Such a cute design! The pretty papers that you used are just perfect for the cards!

coldwaters2 said...

This is a little beauty Carol I love the papers you have used and that cute little birdie an excellent card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Sarah said...

That's gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Maria said...

Oh, lovely bird cards! Great way to use up your papers! And, I love the diamond design!

Conniecrafter said...

Your birds are very sweet, I love that triangle design!

Di said...

Wow Carol! As always - a delightful snippets card! Love the wee birdie, so cute - and the plethora of snippets you used is fabulous!

Hugs
Di xx

Lisa said...

Thank you for the link to the new challenge. I have so much designer paper that I need to use and that challenge is perfect for me. I love the pretty papers you used and the die cut birds are great and colored nicely to match your papers.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear friend, I'm finally here. I'm very busy but I'm trying to catch up with my late comments. Then, I will make a break, I really need time for myself as I don't want become crazy. You know my situation and my very limited time. Here the humid hot is out of control (as my Mum is :/ LOL) So don't worry for me if you don't find my posts or comments, I'm well.
Absolutely love both your cards, such adorable versions with those pretty papers and colours and the little bird is a so cute focal point and you coloured it so well!! I have this bird too, very unused, but love it! The burlap diecut looks great as well the dots!
Sending big hugs across the miles!! Take care of yourself and stay fresh at home. Hope the rain will arrive in your zone and also for us here!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards Carol, I love them both looking so different, but the same!
I am sitting with an Autumn jumper on at the moment, we haven't had decent Summer temperatures at all. I hope we do before Winter comes! Hope you survived the heat. x