Thursday, February 29, 2024

Happy Heart Day


 I made this card with remnants from my stash that have been around for quite some time. The big February panel is a die-cut from a sheet of calendar months cardstock I bought at Tuesday Morning when they were still in business. I added a stamped circle on it and inserted a tiny red heart along with some red enamel dots. The heart dsp is by Lawn Fawn, the heart border punch is by Martha Stewart, and the happy heart day punched element is by SU!. The tiny bear in the corner is by SSS and the washi tapes have been in my stash forever.

I'm sharing this card with the Alphabet Challenge - X is for X-tra hearts

I hope everyone is enjoying the extra day in February this leap year. I know my sister-in-law is enjoying it. Today is her birthday and I think she's still a teenager as she only has a birthday once every 4 years 😉

Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone the best possible day.

Carol

16 comments:

brenda said...

A great blend of colours and elements Carol.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Very Happy Birthday to your SiL Carol. A special day indeed. This is such a lovely card, love the February as a die cut. With all the hearts it's so very cute, lovely and beautiful. x

Irish Cherokee said...

Great use of remnants. Great valentines day card.

Hugs and Blessings

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, a card made with bits&bobs, and so pretty! :) Lovely sweet design and that MS punched border ties all together very well! Great idea adding the stamped circle and all the red accents!
Happy Birthday to your SIL, such special day it's today for her!
Sending hugs and love dear friend! Have a lovely weekend!

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous card Carol! I love that you had all of the pieces from random companies that all worked together! I am not sure that I would be able to pull it off and make it look right! LOL That teddy bear with the heart is too cute! Oh to have a birthday on Leap Year! LOL Happy birthday to your SIL! HUGS

Liz said...

Lovely card, Carol. All the elements go together so well.
I have a friend who's birthday is today. Now she is '18' she can have her first legal alcoholic drink. 🤣 xx

Aquarius said...

Lovely card put together using bits and pieces - so many hearts here and I just love the dinky teddy

Melanie Hungerford said...

A great combination of different things put together perfectly! Love that cute little bear too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Sarn said...

A wonderful and striking card Carol.
Hope your SiL enjoyed her teenage birthday! xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Really beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

What a sweet and pretty card! Hugs, Valerie

coldwaters2 said...

This is really pretty Carol I love that background as well as the sentiment the heart panel and that cute little critter this is FAB
hugs
lolo x

Lisa said...

Wonderful layout and a very lovely card of love.

Wendy said...

This is the perfect Valentine's Day card, Carol! Lots of fun hearts and pretty colors! I also have some of this same paper with the months on. I love how you used it here and will have to remember this! Hope you had a nice leap day, too! :)

StampTramps said...

Using remnants is the perfect way to say goodbye to February!

cheiro urgia said...

You've created such a lovely card full of hearts, and I like how they come in different shapes and sizes. I absolutely love the black background paper with hearts, and how you managed to add to many different snippets onto the base of your creation - such a wonderful way to use up scraps from your stash! Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika