Saturday, March 2, 2024

Easter Bonnet


 I've had this Penny Black Easter Bonnet stamped image in my stash for a long time and with Easter just around the corner, I figured it was time to color it and make a card with it. I used Copics and glaze pens to color the image and mounted it on a piece of bright yellow cardstock. I found a strip of designer paper that seemed to match the soft coral cardstock and found another strip of dark purple cardstock that coordinated with the big bow around her neck, so I embossed that with a SU! dots ef and punched the end with a hexagon punch to give it a fishtail look. The sentiment is a pre-printed one from Simon Says Stamp and I had a narrow strip of the yellow cardstock, so I glued it behind the sentiment just for fun.

I'm sharing this with

A/G *optional "Easter"

 the Allsorts Challenge #770 - Spring or A/G



Thanks for the visit and as always, I wish you the best possible day.

Carol

21 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great Easter card and love the cute image.
Carol x

Veronica Lee said...

Your Easter card is absolutely delightful, Carol.
It perfectly captures the essence of spring and Easter joy!

Aquarius said...

That's such a fun image for Easter - PB always seem to come up trumps. Great matching up of colours here too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and fun PB image, that duck with her big hat makes me smile! :) A great design, you always find the perfect paper scraps to make your layouts and match the colours!
An hexagon punch? How useful to make fishtails! I have to buy one now... LOL
Have a fabulous Sunday my friend! Here there is rain, rain, rain! :/

Mervi said...

Cute and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Diane said...

This is absolutely just the cutest, I smiled BIG when I saw it, I LOVE it!! What a great stamp, the best! Oh, and thanks for joining us at Four Seasons too!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow I love, love, love this little beauty that image is awesome a fantastic make
hugs
lolo x

Greta said...

What an adorable PB image and such a sweet Easter card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh the look on Duckie's face... and the hat. Priceless. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Four Seasons Challenge.

brenda said...

Such a fun Spring card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely Spring themed card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Brenda in IN said...

This is so adorable. That Easter Bonnet is so cute. No one wears them anymore but I remember getting a little hat when I was young and white gloves to wear to church.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh that is absolutely adorable!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I love this! I think I may still have this Penny Black stamp in my stash! It makes for the cutest Easter cards, doesn't it? Love your coloring and those pretty colors of cardstock & papers! Great card, my friend!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh what a darling image! Fabulous coloring and the perfecting matching with those pattern papers too! Darling card!

JD/ Jill said...

What a cute image and you made a fantastic card using it!

Maria said...

What a sweet Easter card with the duck in the Easter bonnet, too cute! Beautiful papers, too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This duck is so adorable Carol, love the backing to her too. x

Lisa said...

Super fabulous image and really cute card.

Sue from Oregon said...

Aw Carol, I can hear the Easter Bonnet song! This is so perfect for Easter! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! 💕 Sue Kment

Helen said...

So cute! Doesn't she look lovely in her Easter bonnet!?
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x