Friday, May 12, 2023

Happy Mother's Day


 Here's a mother's day card made with some older products. I stenciled a piece of white card with some Spun Sugar distress ink  and a Tim Holtz burlap stencil. Next I matted it with grey card, using an old retired SU! corner punch. All of the flowers were done with a SSS Bella Bloom die set, and I added a tiny black button brad to the center with some tiny dots of black Nuvo drops to the centers of the smaller flowers. The greenery was done with Shasta Twig dies and the sentiment is By Verve. I dotted the big flower with a white marker after putting it together.

I'll share this card with the following challenges:



The May Triple B Challenge - Birds, Blooms, and/or Butterflies

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I know I'm a couple days early but I'd like to wish everyone a very happy and special mother's day!

Carol

11 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Carol, the delicate stencilling makes a great background for the gorgeous flower. xx

jimlynn said...

I like the idea of dotting the big flower with the white. VERY pretty card and a perfect one for Mother's Day too. Love it.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Mothers Day card,love the large die-cut flower
Carol x

Donna said...

Fabulous Mothers Day card, great stenciling , flowers and color combo!

Lisa said...

Wonderful layered flower and this gorgeous mother's day card.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another sweet Mother's Day card, Carol!! Love how you stencilled the background with that delicate pink that makes the big flower pop!! Love the idea of the white dots and accents on the petals, they matches well with the little flower in the centre and with the background! Cute tiny flowers on the branch too!
That corner punch is just perfect to add interest without distract from the focal point and the pale gray gives a classy feel to the whole card.
Wishing a happy Mother day also to you, dear friend! You know that your Mum is always with you, as you treasure her in your heart!
Sending warm hugs and lot of love!

Wendy said...

So pretty, Carol! I love the stenciled background and that beautiful flower! It's sure to make someone smile on this Mother's Day! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day, too! Thank you for the card! Love & hugs to you, my friend!!

Diane said...

Pretty card with a great stenciled background!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Triple B!
Diane SF and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}

*Vicki* said...

Your large bloom is so beautiful and I just love the details you've added to it with the white pen! Love the soft pink stenciled background and the greenery trims you've added! Such a beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol :-) the flower is so pretty and I love the stencilled background, beautifully done!

Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

Brenda said...

I don't know where the days go Carol, but I sure think it hasn't been all that long since I've commented and when I come back I am so far behind! LOL So here I go to catch back up, starting with this beautiful card here! I love that stenciled background in the light pink. So pretty for those blooms and leaves to sit upon. Nice doodling on your large flower as well. Love this one! Hugs, Brenda