Friday, August 19, 2022

Violets


 My favorite color combo is purple and green, and I pulled these snippets of cardstock and designer paper from my stash to make this card. I stumbled upon a very old rubber stamp I hadn't used in years and decided to make a card with it. I stamped the violets in Desert Sand ink, then colored them with Tombow markers. I die-cut the panel with an unbranded stitched tag die and placed it on a purple panel that was die-cut with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die. I also used the rectangle dies to cut the polka dot paper. I added a little ribbon bow and then used a retired SU! mini tag punch to cut the tag, stamping and heat-embossing the "hello" from a (r) SU! Beautiful Bouquet stamp set, and finishing with a tiny lavender gemstone. I had to search my blog back to 2010 to find out who made this stamp and it turns out it was from Susan's Card Art Designs and they closed in 2017.




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great start to the weekend! Take care and keep smiling :)

Carol



11 comments:

LeAnne said...

So sweet....love this little bouquet!

cotnob said...

This is pretty Carol, a lovely, delicate stamp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

Very pretty card and the colours are lovely. It's great to pull out something which hasn't been used for a long time and give it a new twist, almost as much fun as buying new. I have that SU punch - might give it an airing 😉

crafty-stamper said...

Really prety card love the tag with the beautiful stamped violets-great colour combo too
Carol x

Wendy said...

What a beauty, Carol! I was just going to say that this is made with your favorite colors! Love your floral stitched tag and the little hello tag! Absolutely beautiful!!! Have a good weekend & stay cool! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sometimes the better stamps are the oldest... isn't it? :) These violets are so sweet!! Great colouring and love the green+purple colours combo, so feminine and impressive!
I wish you to enjoy this weekend and the days ahead, stay fresh and happy!
Big hugs, love and peace across the miles my dear friend!

*Vicki* said...

That flower image is really beautiful and especially in the purple colors too! (This is my favorite color paired with ANYTHING! LOL) I have a couple of very old SU! punches and think that I'm always going to use them some day! I love that you're using your snippets and tools my friend! Thanks for the inspiration and reminding me to keep playing with them! Have a great weekend!

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, beautiful flowers and card, I like this color combo too Carol!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card, carol!

Sarn said...

Another delightful snippets card. xxx

Maria said...

I am catching up. Sorry for the delay. Time certainly has gotten away from me and relying on my email for blog notices hasn't been happening. Anyways, your flower tag is so pretty with the lovely flowers! Love the tiny tag sentiment, too!