Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day


 Today we celebrate Memorial Day here in the US as we remember those who served our country. Some gave all in their efforts to keep us free and to all those who continue serving today, we salute you with a heartfelt thanks.

Today I have a card I made for my BIL who recently lost his wife of 55 years.
I used some snippets of leftover dsp I've been cleaning up, and this is the last of them. The sentiment panel is one I cut with my Cricut before I sold it about 7 years ago. I found it in my snippets box and finally got to use it since the colors were a good match to the papers. The sentiment is from a retired SU! set and I added 2 silver brads to finish this one.
The sentiment reflects how I feel today as I remember not only my BIL, but my dad, uncle, cousin, nephew, and FIL who all served in the military.

I'll enter this into the Snippets Playground #429.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day whatever you do.

Carol

10 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

A great tribute to all the veterans. They all deserve a shout out for their service.

*Vicki* said...

Such a lovely tribute to your family my friend! Thank you to all of your family including yourself for the sacrifices that were made.

Did I read that right when you said this is the last of your dsp stash?! That is awesome and I think you've done a great job of finishing it with your card here! Love the blue tones and it all goes together nicely my friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Alovely memorial card,love the CAS design and different P.papers
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great design with those sweet snippets Carol, you are always so good at using remaining pieces of dsp!! The sentiment panel with its colours is just perfect, nobody could say that it was done a lot of time ago! Well done for the tribute to your BIL and to your family's men that served in military. Sending you my biggest hugs in this important Memorial Day!

Sarn said...

That is a SUPER snippety card with a great focal sentiment.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Meet me up in the Treehouse later to test out a few new cocktail recipes! Xxx

Wendy said...

Love this and those wonky layered panels, Carol! I'm sure your BIL appreciated that you remembered them on this special day! I hope you had a nice Memorial Day! Thinking of you & sending hugs~

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card for your BIL. You did a great job with creating with the scraps. Love the colors.

Di said...

Really great card Carol - those snippets were made for one another! Perfect colours too.

Hugs

Di xx

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely soft colors Very nice card .....Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card, Carol. Saying prayers for your brother in lawy.