Thursday, January 20, 2022

Impossible Valentine Treat Box


I have a treat container to share with you today called the "impossible box." I learned how to make one from this tutorial. Trust me when I say - this box holds a LOT of candies! I filled mine with Hershey Kisses.


I used some snippets of striped designer paper and die cut a few stitched hearts, adding a Lawn Fawn stamped sentiment to the box top.


The box is opened by sliding the top up and watching the closed top flaps magically open to either fill or empty the contents. I thought it was such a clever idea and it really wasn't that difficult to make either. The video in the tutorial link above was helpful for me.


Here's the box half-filled with candy kisses. This little box holds about half a bag of Hershey candy kisses!

I'm going to enter this into the Little Red Wagon challenge #637 - which is "Make it Open."

I'm also sliding in at the last minute to join the Allsorts Challenge week #659
which is to add a heart.

Thanks for stopping by and I do hope all is well on your side of the world!

Carol

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous treat box,love the hearts
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!! I have never see a gift box as this! Thanks for sharing the link to the video tutorial, it's really a clever box!! Yours is so sweet in red with those cute hearts and I'm sure it will make someone very happy!! :D
Good luck with the challenges and have a lovely weekend!

Mervi said...

Yummy and fabulous gift, gorgeous box.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts :)) m

Donna said...

This is a fabulous box, and decorated so cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial Carol!

Maria said...

Super cute treat box!! Love all those pretty hearts!!

Brenda said...

What a fun treat box Carol, it's so cool and perfect for a larger amount that you may want to gift or even a larger gift from the looks of it. I love this cute treat box all decked out for Valentine's Day. Now I must go watch the tutorial on how to make this awesome box! Stay warm, it's cold out there tonight! Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A fabulous treat box Carol, such a lovely gift.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

A great project Carol, beautifully decorated. xx

Wendy said...

How cute! Love this idea and have never seen it before! Love the pretty paper and those beautiful stitched hearts, Carol! Your going to make someone very happy gifting all those yummy Hershey Kisses! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!! Stay warm....more crazy cold weather ahead! Hugs~

Claire said...

Oh how fab, what a wonderful idea especially to pop chocolate in as the reveal makes it more special than the normal shop boxes. I think it's very clever and of course it's red, my favourite colour :) x

Linby said...

Very clever box and it looks so good in your colour combo with the heart. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

R's Rue said...

Fabulous my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this box design and fold Carol. I have a box like that, I was given with expensive choccies, I kept it to copy the design, seems like you beat me to it, hahaha. With a beautiful box. Love the hearts and the "love".
Faith x

Brenda in IN said...

This is a real treat, not only the wonderful box but the kisses. I will go watch that video. Thanks for sharing it. The paper is a great choice for the box and perfect for Valentine's Day.

*Vicki* said...

Such a darling treat box here Carol and so perfect for a Valentine treat!! You could even put "messages" on the bottom of the Hershey kisses for added fun! Love how it pops open like that too! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Stay warm and healthy friend!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really cute treat box!

Brenda said...

Not only beautiful, but filled with one of my favorites! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!