Saturday, January 22, 2022

Quilt Cards


I haven't used my MFT quilt die for some time, so I had a play with it recently. I used 3 matching designer papers from SU! and some black cardstock to create one. I die-cut all the pieces to make my card and added a GinaK Designs sentiment at the bottom. Once I put this together I had lots of pieces left, so I cut 3 more from black and made a total of 6 cards, adding die-cut buttons with I.O. dies and weaving thin strips of matching designer papers through the holes. I added an assortment of sentiments so I'd have a few cards on hand for different occasions.


I'd like to enter this card into the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #519


I'll also enter it into the Dies R Us Challenge #185 - A/G using dies from their store  (Impression Obsession Button Dies)



Thanks for the visit and I hope you're doing well. Have a safe, warm and happy weekend!

Carol


15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards and love the patchwork die
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

Being able to make six cards from this is awesome. The paper is so pretty and all the cards look different even using the same paper.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love this die, I have it too and have to use it more! Thanks for the inspiration! Love the orange patterned papers and the button in the centre adds cuteness!
Hugs, peace and love on your way!

Maria said...

What great quilt combinations with the patterned papers, so pretty!! An awesome die to create with to make several cards, well done!!

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Carol, great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

WOWzers, Carol, you were on a roll!!! They are all amazing and i'm sure took some time to put together. I love the colors and papers you used! Well done with using the sketch for your cards! Stay warm and have a nice weekend! Hugs~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and very neat work Carol, love the orange and black. Love them.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

So pretty Carol! One of my fave dies! I love that die with the quilt design and the way you've used it by doubling the die for 2 cards! Such a beautiful set my friend!

JD/ Jill said...

You've made some great cards there. I like the look of quilet cards too. like the pattern paper you used too!

Jen Timko said...

Love your design piecing on this. What a wonderful card! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Donna said...

Fabulous cards, I don't have a quilt die but I gave one to a friend and have played with it, looking at your cards I may have to treat myself to one!

Kim S said...

What a wonderful use of the sketch!! I love the patterns in your quilts! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super creative take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Brenda said...

Look at you making so many of these Carol! I love them all!!! I haven't used my quilt die in a long time either. I love how you have left overs to keep making....only it's hard to stop making. lol Loving the papers you used on your quilt cards and I love how the pattern outline looks over the black background. It's is just as pretty as the first ones. Love the buttons, I need to remember to use some think paper to "sew" it to the center. Nice to have 6 cards for the card stash! Hugs, Brenda

Maria said...

Just me commenting, but for Dies R Us! A beautiful card! Love the quilt design! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!