Wednesday, August 4, 2021

More Christmas Cards


While working on the card in the previous post, I pulled all the smaller snippets of paper from that Lawn Fawn paper pad to make 3 more Christmas cards. These were all quick and easy to make using a few dies and some SSS pre-printed sentiments. For this one I used a PoppyStamps set of stitched holly leaves and berries for the corners.


For this one I used some Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake dies, along with an unbranded die and a punch to create the smaller snowflakes. I used clear wink of stella on all the flakes for some subtle sparkle and shimmer.


For this one I used different dies in the Lawn Fawn stitched snowflakes set, and added more sparkle with some bits of metallic gold cardstock to fill in the centers and outer edges of the snowflakes. Looking at the photo, I see I attached the sentiment panel crooked again 😏 I need to buy a T-ruler to avoid this as I seem to be doing it all the time lately. 

I'm entering the first card into the MLCCB #37 - August Christmas a/g

Also entering the last card into the Dies R Us Challenge #174
anything goes using dies sold in their store (Lawn Fawn)

Thanks for stopping by and have yourselves a great day!

Carol

 

15 comments:

Wendy said...

I just love these cards, Carol! Your plaid paper is SO pretty and works beautifully for your Christmas cards! I love the tilted panels and think they are very eye catching! Your stitched holly & snowflakes just make these cards even sweeter! Totally love these, my friend! TFS Hope you've been loving this nice weather because it's soon going to go back to the dog days of summer!

*Vicki* said...

Yes! I love this plaid paper pad!! Several brilliant ways to use them on your card here too Carol! Thanks for sharing friend!

Brenda in IN said...

How fun and quick and easy. Great cards.

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas cards love the plaid snippets and large snowflakes
carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

These LF plaid papers are so beautiful! You have done so well using those snippets to make not one but three cards!! Great clean design, simple is always the best (and I'm not be able LOL :D ) The cute snowflakes and holly look just perfect to add the right interest.
I wouldn’t have noticed about the crocked sentiment if you hadn’t said!! :D I have a T-ruler but it is too long (50 cm!) so I don't use it often.
Big hugs and love across the miles, here the life isn't easy in the last times, but we are well enough and so hope of you and Butch!

Maria said...

What a great way to use up your snippets of the beautiful paper!! Love the plaid paper and lovely snowflakes!!

Brenda said...

Love these Christmas cards Carol!!! Especially love those papers, they are Christmassy without being Christmas paper. Besides, who can resist a good plaid no matter what color?! Love how you dressed these up too, love the holly and berries as well as the fabulous snowflakes. Well done you!!! Well we got a nice week, but back to hot weather again. So stay cool my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely and using small pieces of beautiful prints ............Lis

Donna said...

These are fabulous, fabulous papers and snowflakes combined beautifully!

cotnob said...

Super Christmas cards Carol, great papers and pretty snowflakes.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful plaid papers for your Christmas cards. x

Claire said...

Oh I love it when crafting becomes frugal making a trio of gorgeous Christmas cards with similar designs. These are definitely festive beauties and it won't be long until we're knee deep in holiday cheer :) x

Donna said...

Great use of beautiful snippets, your cards are fabulous!

Kathy Krug said...

Pretty papers that make fabulous easy to mail Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.

Kathy
DRU DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous CAS Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt