Wednesday, June 2, 2021

New Puppy Card


I recently sent this card to a blogging friend who got a new puppy. Once again, I made another hidden gatefold card and used some powder pink. white, and grey cardstocks, adding a snippet of gray & white dsp. I cut the ovals and scalloped oval with Spellbinder dies, and embossed the background with a Darice pawprint background ef that I bought ages ago and don't think I've ever used until now! The doggie image is from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and I finished this with lots of pink Nuvo drops on the scallops.


Here's what the gatefold looks like when you lift the top flap, and there is plenty of space to write your sentiment inside when you open these flaps. I added 2 pieces of matching dsp to the sides and added a congrats sentiment also from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps.

l'll enter this into the following challenges:




Dies R Us Challenge #170 - a/g using dies sold at their store (Spellbinders)


NBUS challenge #27 - never before used schtuff (EF)


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a fabulous day!

Carol

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Carol,love the fold,cute puppy and great embossed paw background
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

Great fold and such a cute silhouette of the puppy.

Donna said...

Darling card and great fold my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Carol, this is wonderful, I do love that fold, great colour mix, design and embossing. A Super card.
Faith x

Claire said...

Aww heart melt... that embossed background is just darling, the little paw prints are so cute. I think this is a beautiful and thoughtful card, its delightful as I'm sure the puppy is too x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Fabulous! I spent some time trying to understand how you made the very elegant frame around the doggie :D and then read that is a normal scallop cut out from patterned paper plus Nuvo drops added. :D LOL
It's so striking! This hidden gatefold folding is really beautiful, I have to try it. Love the embossing too, and the colours combo!
Hugs and enjoy your days! Here I have notice that in your zone things are going better, it's right? :)

Maria said...

What a cute pup card, so cute!! Awesome design and image! Wonderful embossed background and lovely scalloped die!! Pretty color combo, too!! Great card!!

cotnob said...

A super card for your friend Carol, a fabulous embossed background and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Carol! I really love this style of card and must make one! What a great card to say "Congrats on your new puppy"! I just love the colors, paper and that sweet doggy image! Well done as always! TFS!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sweet and I love the embossing folder.

aussie aNNie said...

...and a beautiful card it is, thank you again my friend, I did let you know it was received. So pretty in real life and the pink and grey colours.....hugs. xxx

Sarn said...

Fantastic style of card and I love the cute puppy die.
Lovely card to send to your friend. xxx

Darnell said...

Another great design, Carol! I'm so pickled tink for your friend who will love the pink and gray colors, special fold, sweet puppy stamp, and amazing texture from that paw e/f! I especially love the look of that matching pp as an oval mat dotted with pearls. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

creationsnz said...

Your friend will be thrilled to get this puppy card. Thanks for sharing with us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, see you again soon. CarolG