Saturday, June 13, 2020

Wood and Metal Father's Day Card


Many years ago, I won 2 packs of metal sheet papers from a company who closed, along with 3 strips of thin, real wood panels, and I've used both on this card. The wood panel was embossed with a SU! ef and sponged with 2 different distress inks. I used a MFT notched border die to make the blue and green panels, just to add some bright colors. Beneath the wood panel is a piece of that mustard-colored metal paper that was embossed with a TH woodgrain ef. I kept it small because the edges are sharp and I don't want anyone cutting their fingers. I placed it all on a piece of SSS woodgrain cardstock and added 3 brads from my stash that I'd forgotten I had. The sentiment panel was done with a SNSS ticket die set and the SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment was silver heat-embossed on black and cut into a banner with a hexagon punch. The little silver bird was die cut with an IO set of bird dies. The recipient of this card has his own woodshop and makes many beautiful projects from wood, so I think he's going to enjoy this. It's on the way to him right now in time for Father's day.

I'm sharing this with the NBUS challenge #15, since I finally used one of those wood panels and a piece of the metallic paper I've had for eons.


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a beautiful day and a great weekend as well.

Carol

13 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, great texture - a fabulous masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stampsnob. said...

Really nice man card Lis

*Vicki* said...

What a brilliant design using all of your lost long treasures here Carol! It's a brilliant masculine card with all of the textures and colors going on! Can you believe that I have some old metal tags from SU! Remember those? I think the date on them is 2003!! OMG Carol!! LOL! Enjoy your weekend! It's beautiful out today!! HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great masculine card design. I love all the wood and metal elements you added.

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card great to use all those neglected items love the real wood panel.Thank you for the lovely comment on Hollys project
Carol x

Claire said...

Fab masculine card, it looks so tactile with those embossed panels. Sweet lil birdie perched in the tree and oh how cute is the little sentiment, so small yet you've kept the detail when embossing x

Maria said...

Awesome masculine card with wonderful texture! Love all the elements you used and great design!

aussie aNNie said...

Great make Carol as always you know how to make simple but the best.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful card Carol, love how you have collected things and made such a striking card from them.
Take care
Faith x

Brenda said...

Wow Carol, this is an amazing card! I didn't know you could emboss thin wood pieces like this. I love the embossed wood and the embossed wood paper, the screw brads are so fun and perfect. I love the green and blue borders and then the metal and paper sentiment tags. The fun textures on this card make it so amazing. A great design for sure like you always do! Hugs, Brenda

Wendy said...

Oh Carol, this one is so cool and perfect for Fathers Day! Love all the added texture on this from the embossing folders! This reminds me I need to make a Father's Day card for Shawn from Ryan. Time is running out!

Darnell said...

Way to go using that unusual product, Carol! This is definitely a manly card and very special because you made it specifically for a woodworker! I can tell by the description that the photo does NOT do it justice! Keep well and thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

Fabulous masculine card, like all the layers, the wood-grain is perfect and the tiny bird and the brads are fabulous!