Sunday, June 14, 2020

Time Flies


Here's a retirement card I made recently from scraps in my bin. I used a snippet of distressed pastel blue dsp and tore it on the edge for a worn look, then put it on a soft stone card base. The clock was cut from an I.O die in red, celery green, and black and the sentiment is from Studio Calico. The blue gemstones are from GKD.

I'll enter this into the Snippets Playground #380


Today we celebrate Flag Day in the US and I should have made a red, white and blue card to honor our colors, but I actually forgot this day was approaching. Like the card says - time does fly! Since this situation was thrown upon us, one day just bleeds into the next and I have to look at the calendar every morning to remind myself what day it is........sigh. 
There's no excuse for me though, because I made flags for 23 years until our plant closed in 2006.


Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

15 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great card for the Snippets challenge

MiamiKel said...

Carol, this is wonderful! I love the time piece and all the details - and the torn paper gives it such character! Fabulous! xx

Stampsnob. said...

Time does fly . Love what you did here with snippets......Lis

Claire said...

I love how the clock die can be used for many occasions especially on a masculine card... never thought to tear patterned paper but it works a treat and how time flies. I'm sad we're half way through 2020 and have spent it locked away, I don't recognize the world we live in atm. I like the sound of your old job, making flags sounds so cool :) x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful design and great for a retirement card. Great colors too.

Wendy said...

I always love to see what you create from your box of snippets, Carol! Time does fly...sometimes too fast! Love the clock diecut and the super cool paper you used! The torn edge looks fabulous! TFS and I hope your having a wonderful Sunday! The weather was super nice! :)

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, the design in itself is gorgeous. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another clever snippets cad Carol, love teh clock face a Super card. Time flies? I've never known it go so fast as this year.
Take care
Faith x

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous design.
The days are just blending into each other aren't they, the only thing that keeps me on track is the fact that my son is working from home so at least I know when it is a week day!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Time really does fly!
Love your card and that distressed look too. So pretty. I've never seen that die before but love it. Great card!
So you ever look at a flag and wonder if you're the one that had a part in making it?
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Really perfect retirement card Carol!! This saying is certainly true for sure as my hubby is getting ready to do that by the end of this year! Love how you've done the backgroun and what a gorgeous clock die! There never does seem to be enough time!! Sending hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Great sentiment for a retirement card love the dies and the torn edge
Carol x

Brenda said...

What a fun retirement card Carol! I love the clock image and the torn paper. Yes, time does fly especially right now. Like you said, one day bleed into the next and I have no clue what day it is half the time. I didn't know you used to make flags Carol, how cool!!! Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

A perfect retirement card Carol! No more clock watching for the recipient I would guess :)

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

What a great idea for a retirement card! Those can be tricky.