Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Mother's Day Card


I think I have enough Easter cards, so it's time to get started on the mother's day stash. I pulled out one of my favorite all-time stamp sets called "Because of You" by Verve to make this card. I still have several of these beautiful hand-crocheted medallions that Jessi Fogan (R.I.P.) sent me several years ago in a blog candy and I cherish them. We lost Jessi a couple years ago, but I'm fortunate enough to still have some of these beautiful hand made medallions she made, so I only use them once in a while. I used one of 2 pink ones I still have left and die-cut a SB circle die to place right over the center. I stamped off the image behind the sentiment for a softer look and then added a piece of grosgrain ribbon, a pink panel, a DCWV panel of black designer paper that looks like fishnet lace, and embossed the background with an Anna Griffin/Cuttlebug embossing folder. Lastly I added a few tiny pink gemstones.


I based this card on the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Sketch challenge #451 which also has an optional theme of designer paper, so I'm linking there.


I'm also sharing this with the Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #PP484 with this grid. I used the left side which includes ribbon, die cut, and pink.


Also sharing with Pammie's Inky Pinkies PIP2013 which is anything goes with a ribbon theme.

Grab Our Badge

 Watch out for those April Fools Day pranks today :) I always used to put salt in the sugar bowl to get my husband on AFD, but now that he's a diabetic and no longer uses sugar in his coffee, I need to come up with another idea to prank him! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol

23 comments:

jimlynn said...

Absolutely stunning card Carol! WOW!!!! Love how the ribbon matches the medallion and all the embossing. Very pretty papers too - and a great sketch.
Lynn

Claire said...

I can't think of a nicer way to use one of your cherished crochet medallions than on a Mothers Day card, it's beautiful, delicate and very soft. The little bit of black gives just enough drama without overpowering the card x

LeAnne said...

What a treasure this card is! LOVE that crocheted border....just perfect with the sketch as well as our Paper Players challenge! A gorgeous tribute to be received by a special mom! Thanks for playing with us! :D

Wendy said...

So pretty, Carol!! I love everything about this card! The doily is so dainty and looks amazing! Awesome card, my friend! :)

*Vicki* said...

This card is so elegant and classy Carol! I love the soft colors with the delicate flowers and the hand-crocheted medallions from Jessi goes perfectly with this! She would've loved it! :) You're such a sweet lady my friend! Stay well and happy! HUGS

Donna Scholz said...

What a gorgeous card, Carol! Making it with your friend's hand-made doily makes it even MORE special! Love how you interpreted our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch this week! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us! -Donna

Heather said...

Wow, Carol, this is SO elegant! Just so so pretty, so many sweet and sophisticated details - beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Carol love the embossed background and beautiful crocheted medallion
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

How lovely . The crochet is very special .................Lis

Krafty Kaylin said...

i love the crochet element and how soft everything is. very well done. you can also enter this on our facebook challenge for a chance at a prize.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so beautiful and I love the crocheted medallion on your card.

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely!! So pretty in pink! Beautiful crocheted medallion and lovely flowers! The card is super sweet...love it!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and love those croquet medallions so nice you have some left. I remember seeing some on your cards before...take care.xx

Janice M said...

Hi Carol! Sorry I have been MIA. Life is crazy these days. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love every thing about it. From the color combo to the that awesome crocheted doily. Oh and the touch of bling is perfect! I too have that stamp set!

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, I love this. All the texture just makes this card so interesting and eye-catching. I especially love that pink crocheted doily... gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Carol. Love the layout and soft colours but what a lovely memory you have of your friend while using that gorgeous hand made candy. Pretty special this one!

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Carol, your crochet medallion is beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How lovely to add the crochet to the circle, this is gorgeous Carol.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Wow! This card is amazing!! So elegant! I love the embossing background, the beautiful hand-crocheted medallions, and the soft stamp behind the sentiment. It's a fantastic artwork. LOVE it!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Love the crocheted edge. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

laurie said...

Wow what a special card! I love it. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players

Sarn said...

I love this card . . . perfect for the sketch and it's great that you used a cherished item from your craft materials to make the special card with.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jaydee said...

Fabulous card. That crochet edge is so pretty. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee