Monday, March 30, 2020

Good Egg Easter Card


I'm still working on my box of snippets and for this card I pulled out some strips of Lawn Fawn pattern papers and adhered them to a piece of scrap card to make the background. The colors and patterns remind me of spring, so I went with the colors of the season. I used a retired SU! stamp set from 2017 called "Hey Chick" to stamp the eggs with legs (LOL) and the square sentiment. I used snippets of pastel cardstock to make the mats for the squares. I used a $1 stamp set I've had for years to create the eggs, and colored them with glaze pens before fussy cutting and then adding a little piece of die-cut grass with each one - done with a SNSS grass border die.  The HAPPY EASTER sentiment was done with another $1 stamp set, and I die cut the words with MFT label dies in 2 different sizes. has anyone saved all those precious $1 stamps from years gone by? I still have a drawer full of them that I often forget to use. 

I'm sharing this with the Retro Rubber Challenge #131 which is a tic-tac-toe grid. I used the diagonal from the top left which is eggs, die cut or punch, patterned paper.
RRCB 131

I'm also sharing this with the Cute Card Thursday Challenge #627 - Easter

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a healthy and happy day. Keep smiling - at least that doesn't cost anything yet!  :)

Carol

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mix of patterned paper! It all matches perfectly. Cute card and I love it.
Lynn

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute! I love the mix of papers and the great layout!

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful use and combination of all those lovely patterned papers. Such a sweet card, Carol.

Maria said...

I love all the pretty patterned papers and those cute eggs! Wonderful design and lovely color! Great way to use up your bits and bobs!

Claire said...

Perfect Easter card, its got the beautiful colours of spring, pretty eggs and well eggs with legs which is hilarious... you have some seriously fun stamps and you use them in such creative ways to always make the viewer smile x

Liz said...

What a fun card, Carol. Love the design, perfect for Easter. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Too cute here Carol, love the easter card and those tiny eggs, adorable..xx

cotnob said...

A fun Easter card Carol, cute stamps and lovely papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Such a fun card for Easter, Carol! Love the papers and your cute eggs w legs! LOL Great way to use up those snippets of paper we all have laying around and your getting your Easter cards made! TFS! Have a great day & keep on creating! Hugs~

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card Carol love the little Easter eggs and snippets of P.paper
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a fun Easter card, Carol. I love the little chick. You got some great stamps for a $1 and used them so cute. I still have older stamps too and still use them. It's fun to get them out and go through them once in a while to remember what you have. It's like getting all new stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness this is fabulous Carol, love how the eggs are sitting on the grass and the "eggs with legs" are fab, great papers and design, so is the sentiment, LOVE this card.
Faith x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Very cute! Love the paper you've used, and the sentiment.
Take care xoxo

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love these eggs!!, so cute and the combination of all of those pattern papers, a very sweet card.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
XO
Maria/DT

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word those little eggs with legs are too stinkin' cute!! What a fun and happy colorful design here my friend! Thank you for another smile! HUGS

Stampsnob. said...

Cuteness overload Adorable......:is

creative lady said...

Love your cards, love all the elements you were able to incorporate into your card and the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I forgot all about this cute little (almost) chick! They are so sweetly done on your pretty plaid paper, too! Great way to incorporate the Players AND Retro Rubber challenges!! Happy to have you playing with us and you know I always love seeing your creations in the galleries!