Thursday, April 2, 2020

Stenciled Background


I bought this this MFT equalizer stencil quite a while ago and in spite of loving it, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I held the stencil over a piece of black card stock and sponged it with white craft ink, but it looked almost lame when finished! LOL I decided that the white diamonds needed some color, so I got out my colored pencils and colored each row a different color over top of the white, which gave a crayon finished look. When I finished coloring it, I still wasn't thrilled with it, so I cast it into my snippets box to rest for a few months! LOL
I've had this unbranded truck die (a gift from a thoughtful friend) and once I die-cut that in a turquoise color, it seemed to look OK with the stenciled background, so I paired the two together and made a masculine birthday card with it. The SSS sentiment was heat-embossed on turquoise and matted with pool party which was also used for the card base. I kept it simple, because guys just seem to like the basics.

I'll share this with the following challenges:


NBUS Challenge #13 - never before used schtuff - stencil




Grab our badge to display on your blog  

    
  

Thanks for stopping by and may you be able to enjoy this new day!

Carol



17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card and the background looks great with the truck
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Oh I love the background!!! Really cool looking - and so is that pickup truck too. Fantastic card Carol.
Lynn

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is artistic with the stenciled background. Everything seems to mesh so well together and it is a great masculine card design.

Stampsnob. said...

Very nice It looks like that truck die cuts well all the necessary lines show really well------------- Lis Keep Safe

Claire said...

Worth keeping, I think it looks fab... it has a cool retro vibe to it especially with the cute truck parked in front. Super duper masculine card, stay safe x

Maria said...

Beautiful!! A wonderful background to go with the aqua truck!! A perfect masculine card!!

aussie aNNie said...

lOVE THE BLUE truck and fabulous stencil background...neato...xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, you have created a fabulous background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Wowzers! This is one cool looking masculine card! I just love how your mind works and i'm so glad you gave that stenciled background another shot at becoming a cool card! The truck really makes that background pop!! Well done, Carol! TFS and have a wonderful day! Hugs~

Maura said...

That truck die is so cute and great job on the colored pencil work on the diamonds - so pretty!!

Trina P. said...

That background snippet is outstanding! Brilliant idea to colour in with color pencils. The truck is perfect for a wonderful masculine card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think this card has turned out beautifully Carol, love the background.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

nwilliams6 said...

Love that truck. What a great stencil too! Wonderfully done, Carol. Hugz

Darnell said...

Any guy will love this card, Carol! What is it with guys and their trucks?! (Of course, if I had one it would be turquoise!) Good job not giving up on that stencilled background. It turned out to be a wonderful jewel-tone trellis background for the truck!! Take care, be safe, and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Good save Carol! It's made a fab masculine card.

I'm fine thanks. Hope you are staying safe and keeping well too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Janice M said...

Great masculine card with a such a cool background! Doesn't it feel good to be able to come back to castaways at a later time and put them to use?! Great job!

Bunny said...

I love this blue pick up truck. It reminds of one that we had many years ago. Oh my gosh did that thing eat up the containers of oil. I still loved it. [Bunny]