Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Hello


Before I talk about this card, I wanted to let you know that I got an email from Alice (who lives in Italy) and she's fine. She's been locked in since March 1st but doing well, so I thought I'd share that with those who know her and were also concerned. 

For today's card, I dug into my snippet box and re-purposed this adorable tree that I saved from a handmade card I received years ago! The frame was also a snippet along with the grassy hillside. The die-cut bird is from IO and was white, but I colored it with a Copic maker to make him a bluebird sitting in that tree. I sponged clouds with Tumbled Glass distress ink and used some TE cloud stencils, and found another little die-cut stitched cloud in that box, so I covered that with clear Wink of Stella and placed it in the sky. The sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers (now closed)

I'm going to share this with the Just Us Girls challenge #528 - which is to use the colors of yellow, blue, and green. 

We had to make a quick run for groceries earlier today and the shelves in the store were nearly wiped out. There were signs all over advising 2 packs of meat per customer and still no toilet paper or paper towels. This trip the mayonnaise shelf was wiped out too! The cashier told us the bigger chain grocery stores are also out of toilet paper, so where is all the toilet paper going I wonder? Some people must have papered their walls with it for the shelves to be bare for several weeks now! LOL  On a bright note, my daffodils bloomed already, yay!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!

Carol

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So happy that you've heard from your friend and that she's doing OK! I think I need my "Bob Ross" voice to say that this is such a happy little tree with his bird friend perching about the fun swirly green leaves! :) Fantastic scene and happy design my friend! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Glad to hear you have heard from Alice and she is well.Great snippet card and love the tree
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

What a great tree Love this card So glad to hear your friend is doing well in Italy ......Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun and great card design. I am glad your friend is okay too.

Claire said...

That tree is super cool, it reminds me of lollipops. I love the little blue bird taking up residence in the tree, a great happy feeling card.

It's the same in the UK for toilet rolls Carol and pasta is like gold dust. Hopefully now we're on lockdown it might prevent the hoarders going out every morning to loot essentials. I will say I've been so sad to see the way people behave, its appalling how selfish some are :( x

Wendy said...

Happy to hear your friend in Italy is doing well! I feel so bad for Italy & Spain and what they are going thru! Loved your card and that pretty scene you created! The blue bird stood out to me as i've been seeing them around my yard recently! Hope you enjoyed the nice weather today!

Maria said...

Happy to hear that your friend in Italy is doing well! Your card is very creative and beautiful! Great addition with the sweet bird, too!

jimlynn said...

First of all, I LOVE your tree!!!! So unique and pretty. Love your card!
Ah......the TP is missing everywhere. I'm like you and not sure where it's going. Guess we'll have to start buying newspapers - or corn cobs.......We're also missing the TP - but rice too of all things. I mean you should only be able to hoard so much rice. Geeze!
I don't know Alice but so glad she's doing ok. Very scary!!

Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant about Alice, I was concerned.
Great designed card and keep on the track of happiness.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous tree and lovely spring colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the tree Carol, a Beautiful card. As for the t roll, yep it seems the world is hoarding this product for eternity. The rest of us will have to find an alternative!!!!!!!!!!
Faith x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an excellent tree! That was indeed a good save! Perfect little scene you have created!