Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Gnome Christmas Cards


A thoughtful friend shared a few sheets of this double sided gnome dsp with me some time ago and I decided to make a set of Christmas cards with it, so I used the Double Point Fold tutorial to make them. That cute plaid design on the points is the reverse side of the dsp. I used assorted pieces of matching card stock along with a SSS small gnome die and a SU! set for the sentiment. I also used a set of GMD oval stitched dies to make the fronts. I saved the border strips with all those tiny gnomes on the 12x12 sheets of dsp to make a little slot for the ovals to slide into on the bottom to keep the card closed.


Here's what I stamped on the inside - a SU! greeting that seemed perfect. 


I was so pleased with this design, I made 6 cards and was quite proud of myself until I took a closer look at the photo above showing the inside. I swear sometimes if I had a brain I'd be dangerous! I noticed the butterflies in the sky, and then noticed the mushrooms, grass and trees filled with colorful leaves and thought OH NO!!!!! This dsp with the gnomes was a summer theme - NOT a winter theme, and I missed it until I completed the whole set of six. AWRGH!!! Oh well, - I'm still going to use them as Christmas cards because I love the gnomes. Maybe no one will notice?! (yeah, right! LOL) Oddly enough, I just recently had my eyes checked and things are fine so I have one word - DUH!!! :)

I will give everyone a good chuckle and enter these into the March Rudolph  Days Challenge 

Also entering into the SSS Wednesday challenge of anything goes

I guess we all can use a good laugh in these trying times. Thanks for stopping by and keep smiling ;)

I'm convinced someone in this world is hoarding toilet paper by the boat load, because there is none to be found anywhere where we live. For wipes sake, could you please stop the hoarding and greed long enough to allow someone else to buy some?!?!

Carol

20 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Your array of cards with gnomes is so cute. People have warm weather at Christmas in places in the world so this is perfect. Plus, gnomes and mushrooms go together like peanut butter and jelly. The colors are right and so are the cards, they are great and I do love that gnome die.

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
these are so gorgeous and that design is not an easy one to make I'm sure.
Love the gnome and paper used I wouldn't have noticed the butterflies if you hadn't said.
Gorgeous stamped verse also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

*Vicki* said...

These gnomes are just DARLING!! I love your papers and how you've turned them into the Double Point design too! (TFS the link as I need to check that out and try my hand at it!) As for the design, you could always go over the inside oval with a different sentiment as well as the greeting on the front to say something different and make these Easter/Spring style cards? Either way, I think they're fabulous Carol!! I love them! HUGS

jimlynn said...

I'm telling ya - buy newspaper instead!!!! I'm not sure where all the TP is going - but it's not around here either!

I actually like the summer type paper with your card Carol. It's so cute that nothing could take away from that darling gnome - Christmas and all! Besides that - some areas in the world really do have butterflies at Christmas too. Love you card - inside and out!

Lynn

Claire said...

This gnome is so cool, I love the bright fun colours and isn't that sentiment what we all should be at Christmas. Now honestly, I didn't even notice the butterflies, mushrooms etc before I read your post... it just reminded me fun card. Anyway I'm sure butterflies exist in December aswell as mushrooms, well I definitely have them in my casseroles in December... ooops not the butterflies lol. I'm getting dafter by the day staying in :) x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I don't think anyone would notice, they will just think - Gorgeous card, love the Gnome. As I did LOL. Still without TP here too!

cotnob said...

A super set of cards, I'm sure no one will notice that your gnome paper is not Christmas themed, I don't think I would have if you hadn't said anything.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Maria said...

OH, super cute gnomes...love them!! Love the paper even with the mushrooms and butterflies! I think all the focus is on the adorable gnome! And, awesome sentiment the card! Yes, still without some things here in the stores...sigh! Take care!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your gnome cards and I am sure in some parts of the world there would be butterflies at Christmas time. So I think you will be fine. Toilet paper is scarce here too. Hopefully, they will restock soon. We are not completely out but we are rationing it too.

crafty-stamper said...

Great cards and love the gnomes and the B,paper I was even looking at the paper and didn't notice-read the verse three times thinking it was something wrong with that lol
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Our local Heron was is now fully stocke with toilet paper and milk
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card and lovely design.x

Linby said...

They are so cute and happy that I never noticed and I don't think it matters - nice reminder of summer at a cold time of year!

Stampsnob. said...

Fun cards It is far from Christmas here at 87/90 F ..........Lis

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Again Carol, forgot to mention your daffodils until I read your comment, what a beautiful sight that would be...how about a photo.xx

Wendy said...

These cards are SO stinkin cute, Carol! I would not care if the DSP has flowers and what not because that little gnome is just the cutest! Great design, too! Thank you for sharing the link for instructions, going to give this a try! No toilet paper to be found here either but thankfully I did a trip to Sam's club about a month ago and have plenty on hand. TFS and hope your staying busy! Hugs~

scrappymo! said...

Even though I am still chuckling as I type this, I think they work fine as Christmas cards. It rarely snows here on Christmas Day. We usually get our snowy weather in Jan and Feb.

And even then, there are lots of days in between the snowy days where it melts and you see grass etc for several days until the next snow storm.

The design is great. I will go check out the tutorial as
I love the look of these.
Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.


Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I can see from the colors why you thought holiday. Making a set of 6 is quite impressive. They look great and your Gnome looks fantastic perched on that fancy fold.

Anonymous said...

I love the gnomes on this set of fun cards; yay for you making 6! All I noticed was the adorable gnome and the lovely sentiment. Once you mentioned it, I just figure everything is related to a gnome and garden and they work great as holiday cards. Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT
Rudolph Days Challenge

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your gorgeous card and whos to say that they don't have butterflies in gnomeland at christmas.

Sue xx