Sunday, March 22, 2020

Hugs


While reading Darnell's recent blog post, I was instantly inspired to pull out my box of snippets and make cards. Ok, the inspiration lasted long enough to make ONE card for now, but I'm leaving the box on my desk to work from it for the next few weeks or so.

I found the navy blue stitched panel done with a GinaMarieDesigns stitched die, the die-cut sign, and the die-cut bird among my snippets. The sign and bird were die-cut gifts from my friend Alice (Scrap & C/ scrAPamondo) who lives in Italy, and I've emailed her but haven't received a reply yet, so if anyone knows if she's OK, please leave a comment to let me know. Italy is having a horrible time with this virus outbreak and I do hope she's OK. Since they were gifts, I'm sorry I don't know the manufacturer's name of either one.

I also found a tiny snippet of a previously made water colored background that I cut to fit inside of the sign. I dotted the holes around it with Aqua Nuvo glitter drops and added a black Nuvo drop for the bird's eye. The hugs die is by Impression Obsession and I triple cut it from random snippets of white, layering for some dimension. I added a Coastal Cabana polka dot dsp panel behind the navy, using a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, and also used another stitched rectangle die to stitch the card base.

I'm sharing this with the Snippets Playground #374 since it's mostly made from snippets

I'm also adding it to the Dies R Us challenge #141 which is "things with wings.

I called a long-time friend earlier in the week and when she didn't call back, I called a 2nd time a few days later and left another message asking if she was OK. Her sister called me yesterday to let me know she'd suffered 2 strokes and was currently staying with another sister. The card I made today is going to her because I'm sure she can use a few good hugs.

I hope everyone is doing well in this sudden crisis. My husband got so housebound/stir crazy/bored, he got in the car, drove down the driveway to pick up a couple days worth of mail and drove around the block while he was out! LOL It was a short drive, but it made him feel human again just to get out of the house! I know he is feeling extreme WaWa coffee withdrawal symptoms as he hasn't been there for several days now and that daily cup of coffee has been a long time ritual for him! Ha!

Thanks for stopping by and be good to one another. As Darnell always says, life is short.

Carol

20 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love that die cut! Your card is just so lovely!

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous make with Bob. He is certainly showing his colours . Staying indoors here too due to age and
The Docs health issues. Finding plenty to do. Managed to cut the front grass this morning before it takes off. Take care and keep on crafting. Hugs Mrs A.

Stampsnob. said...

HUGS we all like Hugs Sweet card ........Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this design. It is so gorgeous. Great colors too.

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and dies love the little die-cut sign
Carol x

Liz said...

A beautiful card Carol, which I'm sure will be appreciated by your friend.

We're staying home most of the time now, just venturing out to get essential food. xx

Maria said...

Oh, gorgeous card! Very pretty die cut and sweet bird! I’m sure your thoughtful card will be appreciated! Yes, it’s difficult to be forced to stay inside. We managed to get out today and went through the drive through at Wendy’s. We picked up a few things at the store, too. Take good care and stay safe!

aussie aNNie said...

Great card CArol, I haven't heard from Alice at all and was wondering if she is okay..x

Claire said...

I love the turquoise with the black and the die cuts in white, makes for a very striking card. Lovely way to spread a little joy. I worry about people's mental health if this continues, wanting to stay in or being forced are very different. I can totally relate to your husband disappearing in the car for a little bit, I'm going to escape into my garden later to do a spot of tidying and get some fresh air... look after yourselves, stay safe x

Wendy said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure that she will appreciate your card! It is every bit of lovely, Carol! I bet that drive around the block was most welcomed for Butch! I am starting to go a bit stir crazy myself but it's so important for us to do the social distancing to not spread this virus around. We will all get thru this, one day at a time! Keep busy making those cards, ok?!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends Carol, it's a very worrying time for everyone, (maybe not for those people who gathered in large numbers in parks etc yesterday in the UK.) I love your card, such pretty blues with the spotted frame, a beautiful die. I'm sure it will be appreciated a lot.
Faith x

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, well done for using up some of your snippets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Hope you hear from your friend in Italy. That is a bit worrisome. Also sorry about your friend with the strokes. Poor Butch. I am sure you are making him excellent coffee. That ride around probably did him a world of good. As for you card, bravo! Great way to use up the snippets. This is exactly why we have this wonderful hobby to fall back on. Times like these, we at least have a release. Sending happy thoughts and a hug.

Brenda in IN said...

A very pretty card and a very sweet gesture for your friend. I hope she recovers soon. Hugs is a great sentiment for people right now. It lets them know someone cares about them while this is going on. I'm with your husband, I just told my neighbor I was thinking about just going for a drive to get out of the house. I love to stay home, but knowing I can't go out is a whole different thing.

jimlynn said...

Great use of the snippets and your card is so pretty. Loving that bird die! I'm sure your friend will love this card and hopefully brighten up her day too. How sad for her.
I'm doing good in the stir crazy department. Just wander outside ever so often and watch the grass grow. Hopefully it'll be over soon.
Stay safe and healthy.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and I'm sure she will love your paper hug creation very much so! The card is stunning and I love that you've used your snippets up in some way here! The blue tones and the dies are very lovely!! Sending you healthy wishes and peace my friend! HUGS

mamapez5 said...

A great use of your snippets. I love the little bird. I hope your friend is well. It is worrying times for all of us who live so far from family and fiends. (I am on lock-down in Spain and my family are all in UK). Stay storng. Kate xx

Birgit said...

What a darling card this is and a great idea to use up those little snippets that can hang around. Thanks for linking up to the DRU "Things With Wings" challenge. Best of luck to you!

Di said...

Such a lovely snippets card Carol - and a great idea to use this time to go through bits and bobs. Oddly enough I don't have any apart from snippets - strictly a 'make this card right to the bitter end' crafter so I never have more than one or at most two makes on the go or half done. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I allowed myself to wander more?

Hoping your friend is improving - she's bound to love this card - so pretty!

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

A quick check of the RD challenge shows Alice did not post their this month either. Now I am worried too.
It could be that mail is not boeng delivered there due to the COVID 19, and she could have her internet down as i would imagine that is not an essential service.

Will pray we here from her soon.

Your card is lovely. It always amazes me how well white can pop off certain colours.!