Sunday, March 29, 2020

Mother's Day Card


I based my card on the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge #365 but I wouldn't feel right sharing it with the challenge as my card is nowhere near a CAS design! LOL I'm a girl who loves the color purple and I uncovered this long-unloved paper pad by KaiserCraft called Violet Crush, and pulled some papers from it to put this card together. I also used MB Darla and Vivienne butterfly dies to make the shimmery butterfly. The sentiment is from SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes, heat-embossed with white ep on a black word window punched panel, and I added some clear rhinestone gems to add even more sparkle.


Here's a close-up of the shine from the mirror paper in the pack. The body of the butterfly is a different mirror paper, but in a softer color tone. It's a cloudy day today so this was the best picture I could get with artificial light.

I will share this with the Time Out challenge #158 - which is lots or a little purple in honor of Epilepsy Awareness. There's also a twist of "friendship."
I know mother's day is not a friendship sentiment, but this card will be going to a friend of mine since my mother passed away some time ago.


I will also be entering this into the Repeat Impressions Anything Goes Challenge M2520

Repeat Impressions logo

Thanks for the visit, and I do hope everyone is staying healthy and well in these trying times. Take good care of one another!

Carol

16 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

This is very beautiful! The mirror butterfly and the bling you added.

sandie said...

I can't resist purple either and what amazing paper you had for this! Love the design and you worked the sketch so well. I adore the embossed butterfly and placed in the perfect position. Thanks for joining us at Time Out and spreading the word to help awareness

jimlynn said...

Loving the shine of that butterfly. I looked at sketch 10 times and couldn't figure out what to do with it - you nailed it perfectly though. SO pretty!
Lynn

Claire said...

My eye is immediately drawn to the shimmer from the butterfly and where you've position it and the diagonals lead the eye straight to the focal point. A beautifully put together card full of lots of purple x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the layout too.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and the sketch looks perfectly designed. CAS is hard for me but we feel good when it's done...the colours are gorgeous...that butterfly is just beautiful...have fun crafting.xx

Heather said...

This is so pretty!! Great take on the sketch! The butterfly is gorgeous and so is that butterfly paper! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, pretty papers and gorgeous butterfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and really love the papers and colour
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card Carol, love the papers and the butterfly.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Brenda in IN said...

That is a lovely shade of purple, soft and sweet. I love the silver butterfly.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It’s a lovely layout and great papers! I have had that problem before where I used a sketch but it was not CAS. That butterfly is a stunner too.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Carol!!! Those papers are so pretty and definitely a Carol favorite! :) Love the butterfly die especially diecut with the silver foil paper! Also love the heat embossed sentiment on the black! It pops! Well done! :)

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER! This is so stunning Carol! I LOVE the colors, the shimmery butterfly and your take on the sketch is just brilliantly done too!! So many things to love about this on my friend! HUGS

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful So much attention to detail....Lis

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

So much lovely detail in this purpl-y card. It's vey feminine and a lovely MD card. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.