Friday, March 27, 2020

A Warm Hello


I'm still rummaging through my snippets box to make cards and using elements I've overlooked for a long time. This little I.O. die-cut coffee mug was made a long time ago and then never used. I found the background punched note tag from SU! and stenciled it with a data dots stencil and some distress ink. I matted it with a snippet of checked dsp and vanilla for a 2nd mat. I stamped the word "coffee" with a Lil inker stamp, and added some steam coming from the cup with the same stamp set. The coffee stir stick was among the pieces in the set of dies I'd cut previously and never used. The background was done with a shimmer piece of rust-colored card and a SU! decorative dots ef and placed on a vanilla card base. The sentiment was stamped in Really Rust and I added a tiny gold-embossed star to the coffee mug just for fun.

I'm sharing this with the Little Red Wagon challenge #542 which is "leftovers." I've been working on my leftovers for a few weeks now and hope to use a lot more of them soon.

I'll also share this with the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #241 - use a stencil

I'm not overly thrilled with the cards I've been making lately, but then again I think a lot of us are overwhelmed and not really feeling the creative juices flowing in such a stressful world. I will keep trying and hopefully get a few of these cards in the mail to cheer some folks up who could use some friendly greetings.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Friday!

Carol

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely adorable Carol! I love coffee themed cards!! The embossed background goes perfect with your design as well as the colors! I understand what you're saying about MOJO, but I hope you're able to find inspiration to keep creating! HUGS

jimlynn said...

Love the "steam" coming out of the cup on this cute card! Great embossing on the background too. I got out my embossing folders and used one on a card today. Keep forgetting to use them!
Lynn

Liz said...

Super card Carol, I love your choice of colours. Great use of snippets too. I know what you mean about crafting mojo, it seems to be affecting a lot of us lately. xx

Claire said...

Mmm coffee, I really like all the creams and browns to tie in with the theme and then the pop of blue. I'm rather taken with that data dots stencil... nice effect and a super card to bring warmth and a smile. I just want the world back to normal... card making is always a breath of fresh air but for me, Netflix is my saviour but I do agree its terribly hard to concentrate on anything... take care of each other xx

crafty-stamper said...

I feel exactly the same tbh we have more tiome and less mojo -not thrilled with my latest DT cards for beginning of next month they were just quickies -quantity and not quality my heart was just not in them tbh a case of whats the point -but we must be more positive !Great snippets card and embossed background
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a wonderful coffee card. I love the colors and all the layers. Great way to use up a leftover coffee cup.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely warm hello Carol, as it's a cool day here down under with rain all day this is a true warmer upper card..xx

Jane Willis said...

You sound as if you aren't happy with this card but I think it is super, the embossed background and stencilled tag are perfect to show off that lovely coffee mug. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, lovely rich colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

I love this card and the idea behind it, Carol! I just sent a few cards out last week to brighten someone day! Believe me, it is much welcomed! Love the coffee cup, paper and the embossed panel! I have been feeling like you, unmotivated with making cards because of what is going on in the world today but in another sense it is a distraction that has helped too! Keep cranking those cards out and send them to brighten someone's day! Love & hugs~

Stampsnob. said...

oooooooooo that is inviting .......Lis

Maria said...

A beautiful card with wonderful colors! It certainly conveys warmth with the awesome coffee cup and sentiment! Great embossed background, too!

Donna said...

What a fabulous coffee card, like that die cut and your background. Good for you using up your snippets. It is hard for me to creat right now too. Take care.

Imke said...

Wonderful coffee card ! Isn´t it great to reduce scraps ?

Thanks for joining our "Leftover" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week and i hope to see you back again soon. Stay healthy these times.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE"

Cazro said...

Mmmm!! Cofee, I can almost smell a fresh cuppa. Great use of
your stencil for the background. Thanks again for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT