Sunday, February 23, 2020

Birthday Celebration


Recently I pulled out my strips of leftover Lawn Fawn plaid papers and made a herringbone panel with them. When you cut a piece from a paper pad for a card front you always have a little strip leftover, and I save them all and put them in a little baggie and when it gets full, I make herringbone designs with those snippets. When I finished it, I embossed it with a plaid embossing folder and then decided to create a frame for this card, and then was left with the center portion which I used to create this card.
The cute House Mouse image was a gift I recently received so I colored it with Copics, and matted it with some lawn fawn purple card stock; rounding all the corners. I had one strip of some pretty teal designer paper left over from SU!, so I used a Sweet 'n Sassy border die and cut assorted plaid stars with it to fill in the negative spaces, plus fill the air with those little stars. I also added assorted Stickles and Nuvo drops for some sparkle. The "Celebrate" die by Lil Inker was cut from white, purple and a strip of green plaid and offset layered before covering with Glossy Accents for some added shine. The card base as well as the herringbone panel were cut with Lil Inker stitched rectangle dies and I added one last snippet strip of plaid paper alongside the star scalloped border rather than toss it out.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:


HMFMC #310 - anything goes *optional more than 1 fold

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fabulous day!

Carol

21 comments:

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Carol, your House-Mouse is adorable.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

Love your sweet birthday card. The embossing looks great and I love how you save your scraps and use them. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Mia said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at The House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Di said...

What a darling image Carol and such a lovely card! I did smile here - I finally get to use diagonal stripes and now my next challenge has got to be a herringbone pattern I guess. It's a stunning way to use up snippets!And very clever to then emboss the panel.

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the snippet embossed B.paper and cute House Mouse image
Carol x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The embossing on the plaid is pretty cool! Great use of a HM stamp, also! Very cheerful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very lovely, great texture with the embossing and lovely colours Carol.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, it"s so cheerful and sweet! Always love your herringbone panels, this is so colourful and that scallop border with the tiny stars is is perfection to compliment the cute image!!!
Very well done!!
Hugs

Sarn said...

What a joyful little card. Who can resist House Mouse?

PS: Meet me behind the bike sheds . .. I've got contraband!
Hugs, Sarn x

Ina G said...

So cute Carol. Love all the colour. Great layout with the embossed background, those stars and you coloured the mouse perfectly. Nice touch with the multi coloured die cut.

Claire said...

What a joyous card, I love his starry confetti raining down on him like magic. Awesome background as always, such a great technique for making the most of little scraps. I also like how you added dimension to the sentiment by using different colours offset x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute image and a wonderful and colorful plaid mix for the background. I like the idea of using up the leftovers that way. Looks great embossed too.

Liz said...

Cute card, Carol and I love your embossed herringbone background. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Nice card, gorgeous in fact, lovely papers too.xx

jimlynn said...

Delightful and fun card! Love the little House Mouse too. Perfect!
Lynn

Maria said...

What a fun sweet card! Darling mouse! And, love the herringbone background!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh Carol this is absolutely adorable! I love that this cute mouse is throwing lots of colorful stars up in the air and I love the matching colors and papers in your backgroun you've created as well! Nicely done with your snippets my friend!

Stampsnob. said...

Can't get any cuter than a house mouse....Lis

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful, spring looking card Carol! Love it and love how you take snippets and make backgrounds with them. They are always so beautiful and one would never know they were strips of leftover paper. I love this card, your little mouse throwing up the stars is so darn cute! He looks like he is throwing confetti as he celebrates someone's birthday. Too cute! Hugs, Brenda

Sue said...

Carol, what a fun and happy card! The background you created with our little leftovers is wonderful and the sweet image looks great against it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I love this card, Carol! The colors in that paper are so springy and I love that you used the herringbone technique! It makes your card eye catching! Your sweet mouse is colored so nicely and loving his special day! Great card!! :)