While sorting through my stash, I found a lot of strips of plaid papers from a Lawn Fawn plaid paper pad just screaming to be used. I used them to make a herringbone panel on an A2 piece of white, then embossed it with a plaid embossing folder. I decided to cut out the center portion and make a frame, so I used 2 Lil Inker stitched rectangle dies to create the frame, saving the center for a future project. I pulled out my MB Prim Poppy die, and cut it twice from some green dsp in the pack, then cut the flowers from more snippets of the matching dsp and adhered them to the flower portions of the stems. I used a piece of SSS embossed card stock for the base, and added a SU! sentiment, heat-embossed with white on a die-cut label from MFT. The butterfly was cut with a GinaMarieDesigns die from a snippet of yupo watercolored paper, and the final touch was adding 3 tiny gemstones in blue, lavender and green. I was very happy with the way this turned out and what a great way to use those beautiful strips of pretty paper that I just can't bear to toss!
I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - use two or more patterned papers
Pammie's Inky Pinkies challenge 2006 - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps and More challenge #376 - anything goes
Thanks for stopping by and make it a great start to the weekend!