Saturday, October 5, 2019

Happy World Card Making Day!


I couldn't let WCMD go by without posting a card could I? LOL
In late September my husband and I celebrated our birthdays (same day) and our sweet friends and neighbors invited us to a wonderful dinner, so of course I wanted to make them a thank-you card! This is what I put together for them.
I started with a piece of DCWV dsp, adding a SSS thank you heart die cut, done in red, white and black; inserting the white negative portions into the black. I added a red border done with a Martha Stewart doily punch, and added 3 black enamel hearts from TE and got this right off into the mail.

I'm sharing this with the MFT sketch challenge #457.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend of nice weather and crafting fun! Thanks for stopping by and for always being kind enough to leave such nice comments - I enjoy them all :)

Carol

12 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, lovely papers - they look fabulous with the splashes of red.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is one of my favorite color combos. How pretty is this! Love the die and the little border below. Happy Cardmaking day!

Claire said...

One of my favourite colour combinations, love red white and black and you've certainly made the best of the three colours. Great to inlay the black sentiment to make it pop finished off with the red border die and little black hearts x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card and I love the pattern paper design used for it.

aussie aNNie said...

Love the colours and that background paper is gorgeous.x

Maria said...

So very lovely!! Love the inlaid thank you die within the pretty heart! Wonderful color combo! And, addition of heart along the bottom border is the perfect touch!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very sweet card to say thank you to your friends! Love that big heart and the colours combo! The patterned paper makes the earth pop, I have never thought to a similar background! Those cute hearts on the border are delightful!
Hugs

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the inset word on this pretty card! Glad you got out to have a little fun for your special day!

Wendy said...

How pretty and thoughtful of you to make this for friends! Love that big heart diecut and the pop of color! You can't go wrong with Red, Black & White!! How fun is that patterned paper?! Love it! Great job on this, Carol! :)

crafty-stamper said...

What thoughtful neighbours and love the card you made them -great B.paper

Stampsnob. said...

Love that you added the band and tiny hearts Pulls it all together ...........Lis

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness this is so pretty Carol! Love the black and white concept with the touches of red mixed in! I'm sure they appreciated this so much!! It's beautiful! HUGS