Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Halloween Bats


Here's a card made with snippets of (r) Halloween dsp by SU! formed into a herringbone pattern and die cut with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle, then embossed with a Tim Holtz spider web ef. I took a green glaze pen and colored the spider web just to make it more noticeable. I added 2 die cut Darice bats, using negatives from a SSS Pinpoint border die for the eyes, and dotted them with a black marker. I added a couple die cut mini spiders from TE and the last thing to add was a SU! sentiment done with a SU! Tags for You stamp set and matching punch (r). I placed it all on a Lemon Lime card base that was also done with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die.

And now your chuckle for today.....


A thoughtful sweet friend recently gave me a cool Halloween stamp set which I immediately made into a card. I sponged the background with distress inks, used Lil Inker stitched dies to cut the panel and card base, then added a Martha Stewart Goo punched border with black, green, and orange stickles before adding the Tim Holtz stamped sentiment. I thought it was a cool card until I stepped back and took a good look at the stamped images, and then I just burst out laughing! Can you spot the goof? I'm glad I noticed before I mailed this to someone, so I thought I'd post it just for a good chuckle. I'm sure we've all done silly stuff like this in our crafting adventures :)


Update: I fixed the goof! Twins!! LOL



I'll share the first card with Cardz4Guyz #230 - Make it spooky or use orange

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Tuesday!

Carol

15 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yep... it is called magic suspension! Cute owl and love the background!

*Vicki* said...

Carol, I always LOVE seeing your Halloween cards and the inspiration with them! I just LOVE the harringbone pattern with those fun Halloween papers on your top card! Super cute design with the bats! Your second card is stunning with that blended background and the silhouette images over top! Not completely sure, but I'm think it looks like you stamped the branch coming from the opposite end from which you intended? ;) Yes, this is something I see myself doing many times over! LOL! It's always good for a laugh for sure! :) Love the way you've done the punched border witht the glitter too!! TFS!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

BTW, I do love the #1 card with the bats and that great scrappy background you created!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your herringbone pattern is fabulous and all the bats scene looks amazing!!! Particularly love the brilliant idea to make the eyes with those tiny negative leftovers, such stunning effect!!! Very creative!!!
Also the owl card is very beautiful and love your inked background!!!

jimlynn said...

I LOVE your first card! So cute and the background is wonderful.
I looked at the second card and thought how cool that was too. You mentioned about a goof and I really had to look at it to find it. LOL! Loved the card too!
Lynn

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for sharing. I love these cards.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I see the goof....but then again I am always goofing too. LOL

Stampsnob. said...

Both are great You are good at piecing bits together it looks amazing .....Lis

aussie aNNie said...

Cool cards the eyes got me....on both of the cards...x

scrappymo! said...

I didn't notice the branch till I read the post and looked for a problem...but you could always stamp a black outline. beside it or hand draw one!

Still two Great cards!

Wendy said...

What a great Halloween card, Carol!!! So much to look at on it and I love everything about it! Great paper choice, cute spider web embossing and those bats are adorable! I also love the owl card! As soon as I seen it I laughed, too! It's still pretty cool though and love the sponged background! TFS and enjoy your day! :)

cotnob said...

Your first card is fabulous, I especially like the background that you have created.
The second card is great as well, I love the background and probably wouldn't have noticed the 'problem' if you hadn't mentioned it!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claire said...

Haha that's the sort of thing I'd do, good job we're only human. I love October when visiting you, you fill my need for all things Halloween. Fab job with the herringbone pattern, you always have great techniques for using up patterned papers... btw a levitating branch complete with owl looking a tad puzzled adds to the spookiness and utter fun of the season, brilliant :) x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Helen said...

Great cards - thanks for sharing them with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x