Thursday, October 10, 2019

Pink Birthday Card



I had a request from a friend to make a pink birthday card and this is what I made for her. I used a different fold (not sure what it's called) but the image panel is attached to a vertical panel and when flipped up, the sentiment is underneath, so there's no normal fold-over card with this design.
I used a die-cut rose from Gina Marie Designs, cutting it in bubble gum pink as well as a pastel pink polka dot snippet of dsp which was inserted into the negative areas. The leaves are from Hero Arts, stamped with Versamark ink on green snippets, then heat-embossed with white ep, and fussy cut. I used 2 SU! ef's to make the backgrounds, one is square lattice and I think the other is called basket weave (not sure). The sentiment panel was done with a SB circle die, and a Marvy scalloped punch for the mat. The stamped sentiment is from SNSS Poppies & Greetings set (2009). For the final touch I added 2 different colors of pink Nuvo drops.

I'm sharing this with the Retro Rubber Challenge #121 which is using this tic-tac-toe grid ....

RRCB 121

I went with the diagonal line using die-cut or punch, embossing folder, and floral.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

16 comments:

Vilhelm man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Really pretty card, Carol! Love the pink! Those 2 EF's just pop off the card and that rose is gorgeous! I love fun fold cards and this one is awesome! I know your friend is going to love this! :)

jimlynn said...

I'm in love with that basket weave embossing folder. So pretty! In fact, I'm in love with your card too. Beautiful!!!! Like the different fold.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Wow this is really stunning Carol! Love the pinks in this and your layout with the die cut rose is so elegant looking! I have that basket weave folder and have only used it a couple of times...it looks amazing with your card! HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

A really beautiful card design with that wonderful big rose front and center. I love the colors too.

MiamiKel said...

Carol, this is gorgeous! I love the silhouette rose and the softness of the card - so feminine! Very Victorian and absolutely lovely!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful woven background stencil Carol, the colours are super pretty and the most adorable rose die...soft and feminine...xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love all the texture you got on this card with the embossing folders, your die-cut rose is beautiful and really stands out against that lovely background.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs.

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Carol, lovely pastel colours and lots of super texture.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very interesting design, with the fold flap and the big rose! I have never seen this layout, thanks for sharing! That basket weave embossing and the square lattice match so well together and give a soft, warm feminine feel to the lovely inlaid rose!! The white veins of the leaves look so elegant and are just perfect for a lady! Lovely sentiment in the topper and details, too!
Hugs

Jan Clothier said...

The die cut rose with that lovely inlay is a showstopper. I really like the various textures you've incorporated with the embossing. The striped leaves are a great contrast. I imagine that your friend would be very pleased with your pink creation. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire said...

Unique card with it's different fold, my eye was immediately drawn to the basket weave embossing, it's so right for your big rose. The bold pop of green really draws the eye, very pretty in pink x

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty card! And you know I love all that PINK

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies-love the colour combo and basket weave embossed background-I have that embossing folder and never used it!
Carol x

LeAnne said...

THis is gorgeous, Carol! What a stunning diecut, and your interesting fold makes it even prettier! It's a true work of art, and the birthday girl will certainly treasure it! Thanks so much for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge, too! Always happy to see you in the gallery!

Ina G said...

Wow Carol! this is stunning and so beautiful in the soft pink. Love the layout and THAT ef at the back makes your card pop perfectly.