Saturday, August 3, 2019

Water Colored Birthday


 Happy Saturday! I have a card to share today that was done with a Penny Black Petal Power stamp set along with some Peacock Feathers distress ink. I smeared the distress ink on a mat, then spritzed it with water and dipped the watercolor cardstock into it until I liked the saturation and then let it dry completely.  Next I randomly stamped the floral and leaf images onto the water colored card with Versamark ink, then heat embossed the images with white embossing powder. The sentiment is by SNSS and placed on a SU! Chalk Talk framelit die (r). For the final touch I added 2 strips of narrow black cardstock, and then added some aqua Nuvo drops randomly on the card for a little sparkle.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - anything goes (showcasing Penny
Black products)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC August - anything goes/optional 
water/water color


Thanks for checking in today and I wish you a pleasant weekend!

Carol

17 comments:

Wendy said...

This is so pretty, Carol! I really love the color of your watercolored background and gorgeous embossed flowers! So striking and a beautiful blue color! Great job on the challenges! You rocked this one! TFS and have a great day! Hugs~

jimlynn said...

Beautiful!!! LOVE the background and the flowers couldn't be prettier. The strips of black really set off the whole card. So pretty.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your card and those white embossed flowers and leaves, so pretty Carol.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So pretty. The flowers seem to be floating in the air.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol, this is a vision! I love the vibrant blue and the white flowers that are highlighted - a joyous birthday card you've you made :) xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I always forget to use this technique, how pretty s the white embossing on a DI background! Love the beautiful flowers you used, and the black stripes compliment so well the design, as well the random drops ! It's a fresh creation, perfect for these hot days! :D
Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

This is really gorgeous Carol! So love the touches of black that sets off the design!! Happy Saturday!! HUGS

Liz said...

Lovely card, Carol, a really pretty design. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the inky background colour and embossed stamps
carol x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Some days it is just so fun to play in watercolors. You just never know what you will get. This is very pretty with the white embossing, my friend.

Stampsnob. said...

Now I have to get out my watercolors You do inspire This card is pretty ……..Lis

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Isn’t this a refreshing color of blue! I really like this card and the two little strips of paper are an elegant final touch!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card, Carol. And thank you for your help this morning. I'm sending you an email...

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Carol. I love how the blue watercolor just pops with the added black. I just love black accents on cards! Hugs, Brenda

Claire said...

That's very pretty, it reminds me of the blue pattern by Wedgwood... very inspirational and so many colour combinations to play with x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Glenda J said...

The colours you used are so striking - well done! The two black strips add an extra level of sophistication. Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.