Saturday, July 6, 2019

Sympathy Card


Unfortunately I've had the need to make several sympathy cards lately, and I love using the Poppystamps Tulisa Corner Collage die to make quick and easy cards. For this one I used some SU! Gorgeous Grape card stock and stamped the SU! sentiment with matching ink. I pulled out an old retired SU! butterfly sizzlet and cut/embossed the 3 butterflies, adding lavender gemstones to each one and called this done.

I'd like to enter this into the Dies R Us challenge #124 - which is anything goes using dies by companies carried at the DRU store.

My thoughts today are with those folks enduring those frightening earthquakes in CA, and hopefully there won't be any more anytime soon! Hugs to you all.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day! We're going to sizzle in PA today, so after a brief errand, I'll park myself back in the air conditioning for the remainder of the day!

Carol

17 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful and very elegant sympathy card. Hugs Mrs A.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very pretty card. That die does work well for a Sympathy card, and allows you to use some color on the card instead of just black and white. Great job!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

"Simply" Beautiful Carol, it says it all.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I need a sympathy card as well Carol. I do love this side border die and it is great on a sympathy card. The beautiful deep purple behind the white is lovely and your simple little butterflies are perfect. Such a serene card for sure. Hugs, Brenda

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful sympathy card and I agree very elegant
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very elegant CAS card, so perfect for the occasion! Love the tin embossed butterflies!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Ina G said...

A perfectly simple sympathy card Carol. Love those SU butterflies.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely die and beautiful addition of butterflies.x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful and I love the colors.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, perfect for a sad occasion.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card. Carol! Sure to bring comfort to the receiver! We have dear friends who live in California, They called us yesterday to give us an update (because they knew we would be worried about them) They are fine, but sure did feel the earthquake! And Yes! It's HOT! I'm doing today, exactly, what you are doing...trying to stay near our air conditioner.

Claire said...

Not an easy card to make, there is something rather serene about the butterflies on a sympathy card... like its the persons heart and soul flying off to pastures new, not the end - if that makes sense. A very gentle card x

Darlene said...

I love these corner dies! Beautiful sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card for a sad occasion. Love the diecut on the one side and your added butterflies! I also love the color you used on this! It's sure to let someone know you are thinking of them. Well done! :)

nwilliams6 said...

I kick myself every time I see that die - I love it but never get it. It looks super on your card and I love the butterflies. Pretty. Hugz

Stampsnob. said...

So lovely ............….calming ……..Lis

laurie said...

Beautiful sympathy card!Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!