Monday, July 8, 2019

Poppies


 I found this Crafter's Workshop stamped background in my stash that I stamped at a friend's house years ago and decided it was high time to make a card with it! I love that it looks stenciled which is so trendy these days, but it's a stamped image done with what appears to be a shade of olive green. I pulled my Flourishes Poppy stamp set out of the cobwebs and stamped several flowers and leaves onto a scrap of water color paper. I colored each image with Copics, then covered the whole piece with Versafine ink, and heat embossed it all with clear detail embossing powder. Next I fussy cut each piece and arranged everything onto the stamped background. The sentiment circle was done with a TE stamp and a retired SU! mini circle punch and it's all on a red card base. I'm glad I hung onto this stamp set through the years, because it always makes such pretty cards!

I'd like to share this with A Place to Start July 2019 monthly challenge - anything goes

Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The poppies are gorgeous and a very nice background. Glad you were able to dig it out of your stash and use it!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Your fussy cut poppies are delightful, such great dimension you gave them against the faux stencil!!! Love the warm feel of them and your colouring on the flowers and the leaves is amazing! I haven't poppies stamps or dies, I have to see around to buy one, you inspired me :D
The black circle with the beautiful white stamp is just perfect to match the centres of the flowers! It's a fabulous card!!
Hugs!!

Mrs A. said...

Your poppies are beautiful. The trellis background is perfect for them. Just goes to show that everything saved will have it use one day. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful poppies and love the background stamp-I thought it was a stencil at first look
Carol x

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Carol, a fabulous background and lovely poppies - a super card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those poppies are beautiful and I am glad you saved that stamp as well. Some designs never grow old. I love how they look against that background too.

Claire said...

That's gorgeous Carol, the background and those wonderful big poppy blooms all work so well together. It's a feast for the eyes :) x

Ina G said...

I'm a softie when it comes to poppies. Just love them. What a beautiful composition you have made here Carol. Stunning coloured poppies and that gorgeous dp background certainly looks like it was stenciled. Fabulous fussy cutting. An all round beautiful card Carol.

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carol! Love the stenciled looking background and those pretty flowers! So bright & cheery! :)

Brenda said...

I thought your background was stenciled Carol! lol So imagine my surprise when you said it was stamped. Loving your poppies and love how well you colored them, they look so real. Yes, I think too, it is a good thing you hung on to the poppies stamp because it really does make a beautiful card. You have me wanting to get my poppies out and have a play. Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, love that background and the poppy stamp is just beautiful...x

Anonymous said...

Poppies are my favourite and I love how you did the fab stencil behind it.
Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month.
Scarlett xoxo

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooooo pretty, Carol. Love the pretty bg and those pretty flowers. Wow. Love it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These Poppies look gorgeous. I really like that stamp done in the green, for the background. It really gives it the feel of a backyard garden.

Stampsnob. said...

Gorgeous the coloring is exquisite...…….Lis

Brenda in IN said...

A lovely stamped background and I do love those bright poppies.

Chana Malkah said...

This is a beautiful way to reduce your stash! So impressed with how much that stamp image looks as though it was stenciled. Nicely done! Thanks for supporting our challenge!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner Designer
A Place To Start Challenge Blog