Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day


For all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day!
I made this card some time ago but never posted it, so I thought it was perfect for this day set aside to honor all the great fathers in the world. My friend brought this die to my house a while ago and I die-cut it with Bermuda Bay, white and navy card stock, adding a tiny sliver or 2 of daffodil delight for the space between the sails. The background was done with a SU! Seaside ef, which I dotted with aqua stickles and a toothpick on the raised portions.


I'm pretty sure this is a Unity sentiment, but not 100% certain, but it just fits the image and it's what's inside of the card.

I'm sharing this with the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #193 - You're the Man!

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to tell your dad how much he means to you today! I wish my dad was still with us so I could tell him again how much I loved him and how thankful I am for the good life he gave me.

Carol

16 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful Carol, love the pop of yellow and the embossing too.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies-love the sentiment too
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I agree with your wish about your dad... I too wish so much having mine here with me again :(
Delightful sea scene, so quiet and beautiful, love the embossing and the sentiment!
Hugs

Stampsnob. said...

Love that die and so will any dad …….Lis

Claire said...

That's a really nice die and I like the colours you've chosen. I bet that sail boat could be snipped out too for an alternative look. Isn't that just the perfect sentiment to match the die, another great masculine make :) x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Carol, a most beautiful card, colours and including the wonderful sentiment.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful sea scene for a wonderful Dad. I am glad you shared this card. I miss mine too but would not want him back as I am sure he is happy in Heaven.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful Father's Day card, Carol! Love the die and the scene you created with it! I love anything with the ocean! I have that same sentiment and always forget to use it! Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a nice weekend! Hugs~

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!

MiamiKel said...

Aw my friend, I feel the same way and miss mine as well. Your card is just beautiful and so serene! I've always been drawn to all things nautical so your card is just breathtaking in design and totality!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is a great die and one that can be used for may things. I like the tiny splash of yellow you added. Yes, I miss my dad also. He loved me with all his heart, as I did him. He sure could tell a good story.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful Father’s Day card!!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous design - great colour choices.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Perfect sentiment for a perfect card. Fabulous!
Lynn

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely FD card, Carol. Great embossing, die cut, and colors. I agree with you advice to everyone with living Dads - cherish them like crazy. Hugz