Monday, June 17, 2019

Twofer #17 Bees



The month of June has rolled around to the Twofer Card Challenge #17 once again and this time the prompt is "Bees." Here are my two different cards for two different occasions using lots of little bees from the SU! set "A Little Wild."


For this card, I sponged distress inks for a background, then added fussy cut little bee hives, sitting on little stands cut from snippets of wooden dsp from SU!. I stamped all those busy little bees and colored them with a yellow glaze pen, a black marker and a white gel pen. Next I stamped in a little grass beneath each hive as well as the spot where the little fussy-cut bear was going to go. I masked off portions of the sentiment to get a simple little Hello Honey greeting that was backed with circle punched card stock.


 I decided to pull out my SU! hexagon ef and did a panel in white and one in honey gold. I fussy cut the gold hexes and stamped them with bees, coloring them the same as the first card; then glued them randomly around the white embossed panel. Then I found a snippet of black & white dsp with hexagons that looked like a good match and cut both panels down to fit the card base. I was so proud of myself for coming up with a clever idea to alternate the hexes with gold and white, and wrapped a big honkin' piece of ribbon around the joined pieces and adhered it to the card! I stepped back to take a look at my genius plan and noticed that I adhered the top panel upside down! All the bees were flying upside down!! LOL So much for my being so clever! It would have made a perfect April Fools Blooper card for "spot the mistake!" LOL I pulled out the tiny bee stamps and filled in the white hexes with them flying sideways and upright to balance the whole thing out. Some days I just have to wonder where my brain has gone? LOL
The sentiment was printed and it's by Sweet n Sassy, backed on a snippet of daffodil designer paper by SU!.


So this is my entry for the Twofer Card Challenge #17, and I had a few good chuckles (and moments) while putting these cards together!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Monday as well as a good week ahead!

Carol

18 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are so sweet! I don’t usually order from stampin up but I was tempted by this set. Great job with those tiny bees!

Darnell said...

Thank you for the chuckle this morning, Carol! SO something I would do! The difference is, I would have ruined the card by ripping it apart; you were genius to fix it the way you did! I hadn't even noticed all the bees in gold were the Argentinian Upside Down variety, lol! It's really a lovely card with the b/w hexagon panel and pretty b/w bow! And your scene with the busy bees, beehives, and little bear is amazing! The blended sky and grass are perfect and I love the way you added the longer grass with the stamp! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are just wonderful Carol, I love the tiny bees and great correction within your hexagons, your first is so cute and lovely. Brilliant cards.
Faith x

Loll said...

Oh my goodness ... don't you hate when you adhere something upside-down. I have done that many times. Usually there's no fix ... at that point the card is opening from the top. If I'm really lucky, I can pull off the panel and use it on a fresh card base ... not the norm ... usually it gets tossed. Your solution is so creative and clever, Carol!! I wouldn't have noticed the bees were flying upside down because they all work together so perfectly with your bees on white addition. Great work!! Beautiful design with the dry embossed panel mixed with patterned paper. The black and white ribbon is perfect!

Your first card is so adorable. I love that sweet little bear (looks like a cub to me). He's very disheartened to see all those pesky bees protecting the hives. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards for the "bee" challenge! I lost count of how many times I glued something upside down, etc. Great fix that you did with your card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You certainly nailed the bee challenge. These cards are so fantastic and I love all the little bees buzzing all over them.

Wendy said...

Both of these cards are awesome, Carol! I love them both as each one has something different related to bees! Love your little honey bear on card 1 and I adore the black and white hexagon panel and big ole honkin ribbon on card 2! A job well done, my friend! :)

aussie aNNie said...

What a buzzzzz, all those bees make me dream of spring and summer...love this and love those tiny bee stamps.xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol, look at how BEE-u-tiful these are! You really hit the mark with these two delightful cards! I love your coloring of the bees and the sweet bear ... so very cute! Well done! xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, your little bees are so sweet and I love the adorable little bear.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wonderful cards, my friend! LOL to those drunken bees. You just can't control them! Two great designs.

Lori said...

Fun bee cards! Such a pretty sponged background on the one with the cute bear. I just remembered I have that stamp set and have never used it. Need to get it out. Your 2nd card with the yellow and white hexagons is a gorgeous graphic look!

crafty-stamper said...

Both Beeutiful card love all the little Bees and I didn't notice the upside down ones until you said-love the gingham ribbon.
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Two super cute card with all those tiny bees!!! Precious!! I really think bees can fly upside down. Yours do and they're as cute as can be! Or should that say "bee".
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awwww.... How adorable bee cards!!! Love so much the sweetness of the first one, such cute bear and lovely scene!!! And the second one looks very elegant with the embossing and the gingham ribbon with the bow. How fun the bee upside down, even in my last bee card I made the same! :D LOL But I have had no notice of yours if you haven't said it Fun sentiment too!!
Hugs!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, that's the cutest little bitty bee and so easy to stamp a bunch of them. I'd probably be putting them on everything! They've made quite a showing on your two darling cards. The hives and bear are so cute with the sentiment, and I love how you did the honeycomb hexagon panel. I didn't notice the goof because you made a great save with them flying every which way. It looks like you meant them to be that way all along! Thanks so much for making us smile at Twofer!

nwilliams6 said...

Love all the bees! Those tiny bees are soooo cute. The alternating color hexagons look fabulous - especially with all the bees in them. Super fun cards, CArol! Hugz

Stampsnob. said...

I love both these3 cards I have so many bee loving friends will be stealing ideas here …………….Lis