Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Healing Vibes


I made this get well card for my stash using some powder pink and white card stock. I embossed the background with a CB Geometric Rings embossing folder, adding some crystal Nuvo drops to the centers in the design. The border was done with a SNSS Lacey Eyelet border die (retired) in both colors, and I inlaid the pink bits into the white. The sentiment panel was done with a SB grommet tag die; outlining the embossed portion while it was still in the die with a matching marker. The sentiment is from the SU! Healing Hugs stamp set, and I added 2 little die-cut butterflies done with Gina Marie Designs dies, adding pink Nuvo drops on the bodies, and covered them all with clear WOS for a little sparkle.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Get Well (must use a die cutting machine)


Thanks for stopping by and the sun is finally shining today, so it's  going to be a good day :) Have yourself a wonderful Wednesday!

Carol

16 comments:

Claire said...

That's a lovely sentiment for someone feeling under the weather and the pink is really soothing. I admire your patience popping those little circle inlays back in, super job x

JD/ Jill said...

This is cute,Carol, and Yes, I love the PINK! That's a neat embossing folder don't think I saw that EF before. and YES! The SUN is shining today!

Mrs A. said...

Love this card very much. The colours are perfect together and gives a restful look to your card. Hugs Mrs
A.

jimlynn said...

So very pretty. I love the soft colors and those tiny little butterflies! Beautiful card!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So pretty and "cool" with the beautiful pink, a lovely design Carol and I also, like Claire, admire your patience.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous with the colors used and all that texture. And, that is a wonderful sentiment. I am sure this design will be uplifting to someone who is feeling ill.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A lovely get well card. The Nuvo drops on the butterflies is such a great finishing touch.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful get well card and love the embossed background
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

Love the embossed background this is beautiful.Lis

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and gorgeous embossing.xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Carol, a fabulous embossed background and pretty pastel pinks.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how pretty. Very feminine and a great design. That is a fun embossing folder and I love the lacy border die.

*Vicki* said...

Wow I sure do love that embossed background! Such a beautiful card especially for sending to someone for well wishes!! They will love it!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is a very soothing card. Soft and thoughtful. I swear I am addicted to Nuvo drops! Great work!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous embossing!! Love the border and the dimensional butterflies! It's a very sweet card!
Hugs

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Carol! The embossing on this really stands out! I love the diecut panel across the top and the sentiment panel. Sure to bring a smile to whom ever receives it! Love, love, love! :)