Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Water Colored Hugs



It's been raining and dreary for some time where I live and I suppose the gloomy feeling of the weather carried over to my card with it's dark colors. I sponged some Wilted Violet and Salty Ocean distress oxide inks on a piece of water color paper, then spritzed it with water. After it dried I used some MFT fishtail banner dies to cut the 2 panels. The sentiment and birds were done with I.O. dies and I added some tiny Nuvo black drops to add contrast.

I'm sliding in just hours before the challenge closes over at the MFTWSC346 where I used the following sketch to make my card...
EDIT: Something's gone wrong with the MFT website and the link no longer works and apparently the sketch has been taken down too :(

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll dance in spite of the rain :)

Carol

13 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a beautiful background and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claire said...

Oh, wait a minute aren't we in UK supposed to get the gloomy weather? lol... anyway your card is anything but gloomy, love the DOX background and deep colour especially matted onto black x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is a great design! Love the blue and purple.

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty! Love the color combo of the background.
Hope y'all don't float away up there. Of course I guess it's better than drying up and blowing away. Stay dry!
lynn

*Vicki* said...

Oh my I absolutely LOVE this design Carol! The colors look incredible! Such a fabulous take on the sketch too!! Thanks for sharing! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Carol love the oxide background and the white birds against the blue-shhh but we have actuallt had four days of sunshine!!!
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the colors on the water colored background. They look gorgeous together. This is a wonderful card design with the white birds and the die cut hugs sentiment.

JD/ Jill said...

Great design Carol! This weather has been gloomy hasn't it. (I told Jim maybe we need to start building a boat...Just by looking at all the water/mud in our backyard!)

aussie aNNie said...

Great background. Love the colours. I found a pack of 4 TH distressed ink pads, the small ones, so hope to do a tag after our outing today....or tomorrow.. hubbys 67th so may go out for dinner and catching up with old buddies today.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I don't think this is gloomy, it's a beautiful background and the Hugs are perfect in the gap.
Faith x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Well, I agree we had some really gloomy weather, but I wasn’t thinking the card was gloomy at all. Maybe watery? Like a pretty pond. I do like the black card base!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have been very busy, but now I'm going to comment on all my friend's posts :)
Also here in Italy it's cloudy and rainy. Climate Challenges aren't a fake news, they are SO real :(((
But love your colours choice :D the black background makes all the inked purple-blue pop so well, as well the white of sentiment and birds! Great idea using the banner for the design!
Well done!!

Wendy said...

I love this, Carol! So cool how you did the sentiment and I really love the watercolored panels with the diecut birds! Absolutely amazing! Great job! :)