Thursday, May 23, 2019

Birthday Card for a Friend


 A friend of ours recently turned 88 years young and this is the card I made for her. I used Soft Sky card stock with white, adding a retired SU! sentiment on a MFT stitched circle die, backed with a SB scalloped circle die. The border die is retired from Sweet n Sassy Stamps done in dual colors and has swapped negatives. The cupcake was done with a MS punch, and I scored some lines in the cupcake paper, and embossed the frosting with an ef, adding a blue gemstone to the top and a couple others to the sentiment. The background was done with a CB geometric rings ef and I dotted each of the centers with Nuvo Crystal drops for a little overall sparkle.

Sorry for my absence - I've been having many computer issues after an MS update. My word program stopped working and it's proven useless to try and repair it, plus I wasn't able to get online at all and had to d/l and install a new version of Chrome to get back online. Now I'm dealing with the reality that I cannot do digital images anymore and it's been quite a frustrating experience!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Hopefully it won't be such a long time before I post something again..........sigh :)

Carol

15 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yes, computer are great when they are working properly. So for your frustration. This is a lovely birthday card and I am sure it will be cherished. Must be the week for MS punches! I drug out an MS corner punch, and it was kicking and screaming. LOL!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your card is so beautiful and I'm sure your friend will just LOVE this! The texture in the background is awesome and what a cute sentiment too!! P.S. Sorry to hear of your computer troubles and I hope you are able to get things back in order soon! Computers can be SUCH a pain at times!! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the colour and embossing -hope you get your computer sorted soon we soo take them for granted while they are working
Carol x

Ina G said...

What a beautiful card you have made here Carol. So soft and detailed in many ways. I bet your friend loved it. Sorry to hear you had computer problems. They are the pits as we rely on them so much. Glad you are back.

Liz said...

Stunning card, Carol, the colours are so pretty. Sorry to hear about your computer problems, so frustrating for you. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sorry the computer woes have affected you during this time. But you sure made a beautiful card with all the embossing folders, dies, punches and pretty colors. I love that sentiment too.

Claire said...

Urgh, I'd like MS to stop updating as it seems to slow my laptop down to a snail's pace and they take such a long time to do, sigh I feel your frustration. Anyway... I like the colour combo on your card and the sentiment is so fun. Great paper piecing again x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a lovely embossed background and pretty colours - such a fabulous sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lori said...

What a pretty birthday card! Pretty embossed background and lovely colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card, love the embossing and I know it will be really appreciated.
Sorry to hear about your upgrade problems. I'm always afraid when I see "you have an upgrade". I hope it'll be sorted soon.
Faith x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So pretty! I love that sentiment, it is very sweet!

Sorry about your computer issues. Did you lose your digi files or just lose the ability to use them on this computer? Not that anyone wants to buy a new computer...

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Carol, so sorry for your computer problems! Hope that now all is doing better... Why you don't do digi images? You have no more a graphic software?
There are a lot of free graphic software that you could use. If I could help you in some way, mail me :)
This card for your friend is so sweet! Love that gorgeous embossing and the cupcake! The border looks so delicate with the inlay! Adorable design!
Hugs!

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you were having computer issues! I always have to get Shawn or Ryan to help me! This card is awesome, Carol! Love that embossed background and the cute sentiment! I bet the recipient loved it! TFS and I hope you've been enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having! I love it but can do without the hot & humid stuff!

Esther Asbury said...

What gorgeous embossing on your beautiful card! Thanks for linking up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at THTSB.

Heather said...

This is so beautiful!! Love that minty color (at least it looks minty in the photo) and that amazing texture in the background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.