Saturday, November 17, 2018

Inspired by WaWa Coffee Mugs


The other day my husband stopped at WaWa and bought us coffee and I just loved these wintry holiday cups! As soon as we came home, I knew I had to make something out of them, so I rinsed them out and cut them apart and here's what I came up with


I made this card following the Freshly Made Sketch FMS363. I looked through my dies and found the Diamond die by Crafty Cutts that I haven't used in ages, so I cut a strip of diamonds from each colored cup, split them apart, and lined them up to make the vertical panel. The striped dsp is by Recollections, while the sentiment is a die-cut by KaiserCraft. The snowflake was made with Lawn Fawn stitched snowflakes adding a jeweled sticker to the center.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Merry Little Christmas Challenge MLCCB#4 -a/g Christmas
CHNC #412 - a/g Christmas option - something beginning with H
Little Red Wagon challenge #472 - remember when - use something from your stash (diamond dies)


I had enough left to make a couple matchbox treat holders, so I made one in each color. For the red one, I used a Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die with some silver glittered cardstock, along with a SU! die from the pillow box framelit set, adding a big silver candi dot to the center, along with some silver brads. I die-cut the red with a Gina Marie Designs stitched square. For the green, I die-cut the front with a SU! pillow box framelit set, adding a white Lawn Fawn snowflake along with a mirror green snowflake done with the Pillow Box framelit set, along with a big green gemstone to the center. The brads look like tiny buttons and are from Recollections.

Adding these to the Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge - anything goes with an option of being CAS



 Here's what the inside looks like. The sentiment was cut from the side of the coffee mug, and perfectly fit the Pillow Box framelit die, so these went together quickly.

That's going to do it for me today, but I'll never know where I'm going to find inspiration these days. Who knew a coffee cup would inspire me this much? LOL
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

19 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love it, such a clever use of the cups!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How wonderful! Great recycled card!

cotnob said...

Super cards and treat holders Carol, such a good idea - you are very creative.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

LeAnne said...

LOL, this is an amazing way to recycle those beautiful coffee cups! I had to laugh when I saw this in my feed....I thought to myself "Well, that must be a local if she is using a WAWA coffee cup!!" Just wonderful all way round!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic designs made with those coffee cups.

jimlynn said...

I have no earthly idea what Wawa is but the cups are so pretty - and I love the card you made out of them. The matchbox holders are precious!!! Great way to recycle.
Lynn

Claire said...

I never would have guessed, its genius Carol and takes recycling to whole new level. Your card and sweet match books are super duper x

Stampsnob. said...

What a great up cycle You did a good job …...Lis

Liz said...

Brilliant creations and such a great way to recycle the gorgeous cups. xx

aussie aNNie said...

No waste in your home I can see, great use of these beautiful cups and even nicer the fab result from them.x

Brenda in IN said...

Terrific job of recycling. They are so pretty you hate to waste them, right I love the pretty card using bits of the cups. The matchbox treat holders are adorable and another fun idea.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my dear, you are so clever! Great recycle project!

Wendy said...

How awesome is this!! I would have never thought to cut my coffee cup apart but wowzers, Carol, I love what you did with the pretty cup! You know how much I love your matchpacks (especially with the coffee treats inside)!! It's true, they always say you never know where you'll find inspiration! For you, it's the coffee cup! LOL I really LOVE how your mind thinks! TFS! Hope your having a great weekend! Hugs~

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awww.... Stunning recycling!!! Take a bow! :D You have done so well using those coffee mugs for your cards!! Such fabulous creations!! Love them all! Brilliant!!
Sorry but I'm in hurry! Big hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Great ideas and great recycling
Carol x

Heather said...

What a clever idea to make something out of the coffee cups. It turned out very pretty and I really like the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MLCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Great upcycling!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Sue - said...

What a great way to Up cycle the cups. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.