Monday, October 1, 2018

Wild Thing...


I found this stamped lion image (possibly by High Hopes?) along with the sentiment in my doodad box and decided to make a card that I'll be sending to "cards for hospitalized kids" within the next week or two. I hope the child who receives it won't notice the coloring boo-boo I made! I see it clearly and most of you will too, but hopefully a youngster won't! Talk about coloring out of the lines! LOL
The background was made with a piece of green cardstock that was stenciled  with a Dina Wakley Media Jungle stencil in white craft ink, but the image was so large it covered most of it up!! However; I did cut a strip off for the inside to tie it all together. The sentiment was stamped at my friend's house so I'm not sure who makes it, but everything was colored with Copics and glaze pens. Now I have that song in my head like an ear worm :)

I'm sharing this with the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge #19 which is always to use a critter on your creation. I don't know that I'd consider a lion to be a "critter" but on a card I guess he's tame enough to fit into the critter category? 

Enjoy your Monday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I think you're right about this image as to where it comes from, it looks familiar to me from there. You've done a great job at blending in your coloring and I think it works out just fine!! I think this is wonderful that you are sending your cards to the kids and this will surely bring a smile to someone in need! Thanks for sharing this with us over at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies my friend! HUGS

Doreen said...

Love the Lion,this is just gorgeous.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I see the "whole" card and I think it is FABULOUS, as will anyone seeing it. Love it.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Carol, a super image and great sentiment - I think this card will make any child smile.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

scrappymo! said...

You are such a kind and generous person to make cards to donate. And this is such a good place to send the,!

Your card is fabulous! That \lion is amazing and will be such to cheer the recipient. I do not see any mistakes...just lovely colouring and a great card.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Well, I enlarged the photo and couldn’t see the coloring mistake, so I’m pretty sure it will go over great with any child!

Liz said...

Super card, I'm sure the child who receives it will love it! I'm still trying to find the colouring boo-boo....! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, surely for hospitalized kids will love it!! Fun and beautiful card!! Love the big sentiment too!
I'm the queen of the boo-boo :D so I can see only a tiny colour out of the line of the feet. But it's really tiny, and I'm sure that kids will not look at i!!
Hugs

Janice M said...

This is adorable! And yes I do believe that is a High Hopes image. LOVE the way you did the coloring on the sentiment to tie into the lion. And I didn't notice any mistake?!

NanaConnie said...

Your lion definitely fits into the "critter" category since we define it broadly enough to include any non-human, critter with 2 legs, 4 legs, 8 legs, wings, scales, feathers, fur, or even fantasy critters. :-D I love your coloring on this one, Carol, and the CAS design is marvelous! Thanks so much for joining us in our October challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very fun and fabulous and the kids will love it.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card CArol, great job. Congrats on your win over at our Double D challenge too btw...yipppeee.xx

Brenda said...

Ok, now I have that song stuck in my head Carol. lol But it is ok because I love it. lol I think this card is just darling! I don't see a coloring mistake so I guess I'm a little dense. I just see a fabulous colored card with a fabulous colored sentiment and wishing I could color that well! Hugs, Brenda

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

He is so cute, and I am sure it will not be noticed. The child will adore it!
I own that sentiment and use it often.

nwilliams6 said...

Great lion image and the sentiment is wonderfully fun, Carol. Cute and fun card, my friend. Hugz

Wendy said...

Such a fun card, Carol! Love the colors and layout of this one! I did not see any boo boo's! Love the sentiment and how you colored that, too. I'm sure these cards are much appreciate at the Children's Hospitals. Definitely will bring a smile to their face! Cute, cute, cute!