Sunday, September 30, 2018

Giraffe Mummy


Today I sorted through my doo-dad box and pulled a few stamped images and made cards with them. This Paper Shelter digi image has been printed for a long time but I didn't know what to do with it until I saw the Freshly Made Sketch challenge #356. That tiny Jack-o-Lantern treat holder held in his hoof just cracks me up! LOL Wrapping a giraffe in a mummy costume is in itself a funny thought (to me anyway). I made a Halloween card, using some retired SU! dsp and a strip of purple, black and grey dsp that has cats on it. The cat's eyes were spaced perfectly to appear as if they're peeking out from behind the 3 panels! I used a Tim Holtz sentiment for the front and the inside...


There's those cat eyes again! LOL I cut the strip to make it appear as if they're peeking right over the bottom edge this time. Too much fun :)


I hope you're enjoying a pleasant Sunday afternoon. The sun has been out for 2 days in a row! Yay! That must have broken some sort of record for us this year!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol



12 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D How fun card!! That giraffe with the mummy costume is a really different image and your design looks so cool! LOVE those cat eyes peeking out from the front and the inside of the card, as always you has been very clever!!! Fab take of the sketch! :)
Here the sun is very hot daily, as in Summer. No signs of Autumn...

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Carol, I love the cute giraffe image. The eyes peeping through the gaps in the panels are just fabulous! Love the inside of your card too. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Carol you come up with the most fun cards, this is awesome.

MaryH said...

What a doofus mummy! He made me laugh with that tiny pumpkin held in his hoof. And the expression! You do have the best digis with humorous expressions. This looks so cute with the trio of images and the pumpkin side rectangles and the little eyes peeking out along the border..well it's just an adorable Spooky card! TFS & Hugs

Wendy said...

How stinkin cute, Carol! That giraffe gave me a giggle and a huge smile when I seen it! He's adorable....too cute to spook! Love the pumpkin paper panels and the cat paper under it. All comes together so nicely for a cute Halloween card! I love that sketch too! Saving it in my favorite folder to use down the road. TFS YES....loved the sunshine this past weekend.....hope it continues! Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness I almost spit out my coffee when seeing this Carol!! LOL! What a really CUTE image! I don't think I've ever seen a mummy giraffe!! I love it!! What a fun card especially with those eyes peeking through the panels on that strip!! Fabulous card my friend! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Exceptional and so much fun, love it ALL especially the cats eyes peeking. Great thinking behind this card.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a fun giraffe image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jen Brum said...

What a great Halloween card! I love that little giraffe mummy! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a funny little costumed critter! Great layout to use a tall skinny image!

Janice M said...

This is too cute and funny! You rocked the sketch for sure. Love the peeking cats.

Kim S said...

He is so cute - and how perfect to use a giraffe on the tall panels of the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.