Tuesday, September 18, 2018

TMS #471


Hello and happy Tuesday everyone!  It's time for the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #471 which was designed by our own Debbie.


I was playing with some Abandoned Coral and Black Soot distress oxide inks and came up with this background. I just smeared the ink pads on a non-stick sheet, spritzed with water and dabbed the wc cardstock here and there until I got the coverage I wanted. After it dried, I went back and added a few droplets of water here and there. I added a Darice swirl die cut, and then punched some tiny flowers from the remnants of the wc paper, using dark and light areas for contrast. I used Nuvo black drops for the flower centers as well as the 3 dots on the top right panel, then placed it on top of a stitched square die-cut SNSS sentiment. I put it all on a PTI Berry Sorbet card base.

And now it's over to you, but before you go, be sure and check out my DT member's creations here on the blog. You'll want to play along for the great prize this week too, just in time for those autumn cards with leaves. 


I'm also adding my card to the Just Us Girls #458 color week challenge to use the following colors :


Thanks for stopping by as always and do have yourself a wonderful Tuesday!

Carol

20 comments:

jimlynn said...

Another great sketch and beautiful card to go along with it. I love that background! Wow!!! It came out so pretty. The sentiment is wonderful. Sensational card Carol!
Lynn

cotnob said...

A lovely card Carol, a fabulous sentiment and great background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous card, Carol! I am always in awe of your backgrounds that you create! Love the look of the coral color and a tiny bit of the black! What a great sketch to use to show off that lovely background! Your saying is perfect with your swirl and little flowers! I SO love this! TFS

Lori said...

Lovely! What a gorgeous background and I love those sweet tiny flowers!

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning background here Carol! I love your mix with the oxide inks and that delicate die cut florish matches up PERFECTLY with that sketch! :) Really stunning card! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your smooched background looks so sweet and beautiful, such lovely colour combo!And love the Darice swirl... I have still one of those you sent me times ago... So I think that perhaps I can arrange a card for the challenge with it quickly enough! :D LOL The tiny flowers compliment the swirl so well!
Hugs

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cool background. The little bit of black soot looks nice!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You nailed the sketch perfectly and in such a beautiful way with that lovely colored background. Your card is gorgeous!

Nana Donna said...

Oh I think your card is wonderful. I was just thinking I needed to make a card with some kind of vine on it. Thanks for the inspiration

MaryH said...

It's a gorgeous background and the CAS style is just lovely with the simple flourish and some tiny flowers and pearls. Especially perfect sentiment to go with this card! TFS & Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Love, this, love the background. Not tried those two colours together may give it a go.xx

Janice M said...

I just love the watercolor backgrounds you create! This one is no exception! Beautiful color combo for sure. Really makes the black pop. I need to play with my inks more.

Bobby said...

I always love a good smooshed background, Carol, and who would have thought that Black and Coral could make such a beautiful one. The lovely flourish and wonderful sentiment finish it off perfectly. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Kathy said...

love it all, the colors are such a great mix!

Brenda said...

What a fun sketch to work with Carol. Love your card, that background is so pretty, love the black soot and abandoned coral together! Your flourish looks identical to the one in the sketch but I love the added flowers to it. And the sentiment, it is perfect and so true! Hugs, Brenda

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous background and a marvelous take on that sketch!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the beautiful flourish and sentiment
Carol x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the background you created! I think it's time for me to get some distress oxide inks!

Patti said...

Ha ha I should have popped in here earlier in the week they all took the words out of my mouth above!!!! I love it what a great job you did on the background!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow - this is so beautiful. I love the watercolored background. I tried to do this and it looked like mud. You are certainly very talented at it.