Monday, September 17, 2018

Smile!


I love plaid, plain and simple. I have a hard time disposing of those tiny strips of 6" dsp when you cut it down to make a card, so I save them for projects like this. I used stitched square and stitched rectangle dies to make this card. I stamped the smiley face with an ancient stamp I bought when I first got into stamping so long ago. I used a tiny circle punch on those faces and put them in the centers of each square, then added a Lil Inker die-cut "smile" which is logical for all those little smiley faces, right? The inside is stamped with "A smile is a gift you give to everyone." I couldn't stop smiling after I put this card together, so I made a few more...


I used a big assortment of plaid dsp and cardstock snippets to make each of these. I think I'll make a bunch more and send them off to "cards for hospitalized kids" because they can certainly use a reminder to smile.

I'm entering my card into the Cute Card Thursday challenge #547 which is dies and punches. (I was lucky enough to win this challenge last week, woot!)

I'm also entering over at the Snippets Playground challenge #335 which is always to use snippets.

 Thanks for stopping by and as I greet you with a big smile, I hope you'll pass it on :)

Carol

15 comments:

Wendy said...

These are all super cute and how fun, Carol! Love the different patterns and colors but that little smiley face is what makes these cards stand out! They will certainly bring a smile to whomever receives one! Cute, cute, cute! :)

*Vicki* said...

Carol, these are absolutely ADORABLE! I know what you mean about not wanting to use up those plaid papers and I have a hard time just using things and letting it go which is why I have too many things!! LOL! I love that sentiment you've put on the inside as well! These cards are making me smile! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Debbie said...

These are adorable! I need to CASE this idea... I have so many scraps that I don't want to throw away, but haven't used... LOL

*Vicki* said...

Coming back by I'm so glad to see your creations in the gallery my friend! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are cuter than cute. How could you not smile with all those fun faces looking back at you!

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Carol, such a clever way to use of your strips of dsp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Oh gosh Carol, these are adorable cards! I love how you used up those snippets of plaid papers. I love plaid too! I will have to keep this idea in mind as these would make great encouragement cards. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

How fun and adorable! Now I know for sure that one little smile can lead to many more. I know I sure was smiling when I saw this darling design.

aussie aNNie said...

SMILE...Yep a real smiley card, love it.. and your fab display is gorgeous.x

jimlynn said...

I immediately started smiling when your card popped up! TOO cute and so much fun. Love it!
Lynn

Janice M said...

These are so cute!! They will bring TONS of smiles for sure. I save every scrap of paper too, have a hard time throwing them away. I need to use more sketches like this and use some up.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awwww.... How cute, fun and creative cards!!! :) Love smiles! :D Who doesn't love smiles?? LOL :D Surely hospitalizd kids will LOVE them! Great use of your old stamp and you has been very accurate!
I'm very busy with school, sorry if I'm always later in these days...
Hugs

KandA said...

Fabulous collection of cards and such a great way to use up all those little snippets xx

Di said...

Brilliant use of lots of little snippets - and such fun cards as well! Love them.

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards love the little smiley faces and plaid squares great use of offcuts
Carol x