Saturday, September 29, 2018

Keep on Truckin'



I was gifted with this truck die for my birthday this year, tucked inside a beautiful handmade birthday card from Mary Anne. It's pretty cool, eh?  Thanks again MA! 
I decided to make a masculine birthday card but first I made the background using Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade Distress inks. I embossed it with a diamond plate embossing folder and then took a Momento London Fog ink spot and swiped it gently across the pattern to add highlights. I die-cut the truck in Tranquil Tide and celery green cardstocks, swapping out the colors for a body stripe, fender, and roof, then cut the wheels in gray and silver for the tires and hubcaps. I tied some silver cording around the panel after I distressed the edges, and heat-embossed a white sentiment from a Clear Art Stamps set. The inside says 
Birthday Happiness today and always."


I'm sharing this with the SOS#303 challenge - use the ink smooshing technique

and the Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge #12 - inky backgrounds

That's it for me today - we're expecting a sunny weekend for a change so I intend to enjoy it! Thanks for checking in and have a great weekend!

Carol

19 comments:

Wendy said...

How cool is that truck die, Carol! I love this masculine card you created with your birthday present from Mary Anne! How nice of her! Great choice of colors and that embossing folder is perfect with the truck! Love this! TFS and enjoy this beautiful day! :)

Janice M said...

What a cool/awesome die!! Good choice Mary Anne! Perfect for masculine cards and I love it paired with the diamond plate embossing folder. Have a great weekend....the sun is shining!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous masculine card Carol. Love the colour combo.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, I love the rustic feel - a super masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

What a fun die to get for your birthday Carol! I love your card, it is so masculine and cool looking. Loving how you did the diamond plate and the truck. Just just like the old trucks that used to be out there. Loving that font on your sentiment too. Hugs, Brenda

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So kind of Mary Anne gifting you with that cool die!
Great matching of the truck diecut and that embossed background, they go just perfectly together! :D And you choose lovely colours for your fresh and clean masculine card!
Big hugs!

Claire said...

Cool card, the background looks brilliant for the truck and the font on the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic masculine card design and I love that truck die. It looks great.

meg said...

Fabulous die and card, inking the ef added to the effect of the textured background thank you for joining in at BBB

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely gift for sure and a spectacular card.x

Liz said...

Great card, Carol, what a great truck die. The embossed background is just perfect. xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Glad you enjoyed working with it! I know how you like vintage cars and trucks.I used mine once already and did a fall card with a truck full of pumpkins. I figured this could be used in so many ways! You pair it beautifully with the background.

MaryH said...

What a neat truck die, and I love your car cards (not quite as much as I admire your quilt cards, tho). You picked the most perfect embossing pattern for it, and what a wonderful guy card you have at the ready. How lovely to have a friend who knows your tastes so well! TFS

*Vicki* said...

Wow! That one really amazing truck die!! I just LOVE the texture with the background and the colors look fabulous with this as well!! A fabulous masculine creation for sure! HUGS

Donna said...

Great background and a fab masculine card!
Thanks for smooshing with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

Christine Kiehl said...

Very cool card! So clever!

Cazro said...

Fabulous inky background a great masculine card. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Caz DT.

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly cool card! i especially love that you embossed the background panel after smooshing the ink! thanks for SHOPPING (& smooshing!) YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Fabulous background! I love the colors and the embossing!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT