Thursday, September 5, 2024

Birthday Cards


Years ago on a vacation trip, I visited a craft store in TN that was the size of a giant supermarket and bought a couple sheets this of this colorful plaid paper that I couldn't resist. I've used it sparingly through the years but now I'm down to the last few snippets. I paired it with some pink checkered papers, grey and white cardstock and made 2 birthday cards.
The first one is a masculine version in spite of the color pink. Back in my youth, pink and black were popular colors even for the guys, so with that in mind I just moved forward. The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy and I punched a few stars with tiny snippets of black and white designer paper and added some silver brads to the centers.


 Here's the feminine version with a tiny die-cut flower, 2 leaves run through the  crimping tool and fussy cut. I added a black Nuvo drop to the flower center and added another Sweet 'n Sassy sentiment. All the mats and die cut circles were made with snippets as well as the papers.


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

Carol

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Such fun cards, Carol! Love the pink, black, gray & white color combo that could easily be used for either a man or a woman! Love the plaid prints and the cool design, too! Hope your enjoying the beautiful weather! Hugs~

brenda said...

Checked/gingham DP's are also so fresh looking, the colours of these are really pretty with the pink and grey.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards, love the pink and black and both versions.
Carol x

Kim S said...

I find it SO hard to use patterned paper that I love - because then it's gone - and what if it would be perfect for a future card!! But with your fun plaids - you've shown them off perfectly!

Aquarius said...

Super cards and the colour combo along with the plaids and checks is just perfect.

Sarn said...

Both versions are super. Great use of your favourite papers.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you by the swings later. xxx

Di said...

I can't choose either! Both cards are lovely - totally undeerstand you holding onto that beautiful paper. But, you used it and shared it - what's not to love?

Hugs
Di xx

Lisa said...

Really lovely selection of papers and nicely done making a couple of cards with the papers. I recently started pulling out my stacks of designer papers and pull out a couple of pieces trying to use them up. I have found that I can follow some of the great designs for one sheet wonders and knock out a few pieces at a time. It really helps build my stash too. Now to start sending a few more out. LOL! These are quite lovely.

coldwaters2 said...

Two great cards I absolutely love the colours of those fabulous papers they work perfectly together
hugs
lolo x