Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day


 I have a simple masculine card to share with you today, made with an unbranded stitched frame and some snippets of paper and cardstock. The woodgrain paper is from a very old Tim Holtz paper pad, and the white panel (cut with a Lil Inker Stitched rectangle) was cut from a snippet of white. The gold embossed sentiment is from SU!'s Teeny Tiny Wishes and was placed on 2 panels done with retired SU! punches. I finished this with 3 copper brads and placed it on a dark brown card base.

Today I fondly remember my father, two grandfathers and my husband on this day we set aside to honor fathers. I hope they are all enjoying a heavenly father's day along with all the other great fathers in this world today.

I'm sharing this with the Allsorts Challenge #785 which is Masculine or the option of A/G
https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2024/06/week-785.html

Some of you have mentioned you're able to link again with blogger but it hasn't happened for me yet unfortunately, so I'll just have to copy and paste the link underneath the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Happy Father's day to all of the dads in the world today as well.
Carol

14 comments:

brenda said...

A perfect masculine card and equally so for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Wendy said...

This is such a great masculine card, Carol! The colors and paper work so well. I love this especially for those who do not have any hobbies or likes. Love the stitching on your panels and the wonderful embossed sentiment! Great job! Happy Sunday, my friend! :)

Aquarius said...

A great masculine card and seeing the sentiment has reminded me that I've not used those retired punches for a while.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a beautiful and elegant card, love it! Hugs, Valerie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's an elegant Father's day card, dear Carol. Love how the wood grain DP catches the eyes to the centre with the sentiment and the three copper brads. I'm sure any father would love this card.
In Italy Father's day is celebrate in March, but since my Dad went to Heaven, every day for me is Father's day... Tomorrow are already seven years that he is no more here with his body. Who knows how time goes on the other side.
Big hugs and love dear friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Fathers Day card,love the stitched dies.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
Carol GDT x

Donna said...

Stunning masculine card, like all the layers!

Sarn said...

Super masculine make for Father's Day. Great stitched frame and the SU punches are so useful x

Linby said...

A lovely CAS design for Father's Day. Thank you for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

I love this fabulous male themed card Carol it looks so professional the simplicity is spot on
hugs
lolo x

coldwaters2 said...

I missed a couple of things Carol the first is thank you for joining us at Allsorts the second is thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my blog
hugs
lolo x

*Vicki* said...

It's a wonderful masculine style card Carol! I love the neutral colors as well as that stitched frame around your sentiment panel! The metal brads along the side give it a nice accent too! HUGS

Sarah said...

Such great gentle tones on this Fathers Day card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Lisa said...

Your masculine card is wonderfully crafted with its clean and elegant design! The combination of the old Tim Holtz woodgrain paper and the stitched frame gives it a classic feel, while the gold embossed sentiment adds a touch of sophistication. The copper brads are a perfect accent against the dark brown card base, completing the look beautifully. Great job!