Thursday, June 13, 2024

Father's Day Gift Envelope


 With Father's day being celebrated this coming Sunday, I made this gift envelope that holds a lottery ticket I'm giving to a great neighbor and friend. He helps me with many things around the house that I can no longer do and won't let me pay him, so I got him a lottery ticket that he can't refuse. There's no sugar in it to jeopardize his health and no cash in it to offend him, so I'm thinking it's the perfect way to wish him a great Father's day.
I pulled out 2 different green striped designer papers along with some mirror gold. The sentiment panels were die-cut with a Gina Marie Designs Venetian label die set and I added 2 golden dollar sign brads I've had for eons. The stamp is a very old wooden stamp I've had since I began making cards. This was quick and easy and hopefully brings him some extra cash after he does a little scratching.

For the time being I think my computer problems are resolved but time will tell. I couldn't figure out why I suddenly had no sound, but after I went into all the settings and systems controls, and still had no answer, a friend of mine came to have a look and pretty much did the same thing. As a last resort, she pulled the speaker plug out of the computer and plugged it back in again and the sound came back. I lost the sound again the next day, but pulling the plug and pushing it back in did the trick once again. She said with digital this happens sometimes. It made me chuckle because it took me back to the day when computers first came out and whenever you called for help, the advice they always gave was to unplug everything, let it rest, and plug it back in again, remember? History definitely repeats itself ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hopefully the sound issues have been resolved.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Thursday.

Carol

14 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a wonderful gift idea, Carol! I really liked the money brads you used and let's hope there is some money on that lottery ticket just waiting on him to scratch it! Thanks for sharing! Totally love this! Stay cool....I think summer is finally coming! :)

Aquarius said...

A lovely thoughtful card for father's day - hope he has some luck. I'm a great believer in the unplug it, wait and start again way of dealing with faults ๐Ÿ˜Š

crafty-stamper said...

Great gift idea and love the envelope-fingers crossed he wins something too.
Carol x

StampTramps said...

What a great idea, Carol! I also have a neighbor who helps me out and this sounds like a great solution to do something that he will accept! The nice papers and gold $ signs are perfect!

*Vicki* said...

Such a super cute idea for a gift especially for those hard to gift for males! I usually get those lottery tickets for the Holidays and they seem to enjoy doing the scratch off ones. So far, no one has ever made much money though! LOL I love those dollar sign brads...super cute and fun! Glad you were able to use those old items! Just like the old things...they become new again! LOL Glad you were able to resolved some computer issues! HUGS

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the card, and a great way to give your nice neighbour a thank-you gift! I might try this with my neighbour, too! I know what you mean with computer - and TV - problems . I very often have to pull the plug or do a reset. I wish i could do a reset on mysef! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are a so clever lady, Carol, such brilliant idea you have had!! Surely he can't image what there is inside the envelope! :) Fingers crossed that lottery ticket could gift a win to your great friend, he deserves it!!
The envelope is elegant and sweet with the lovely papers and label, and those dollar brads are a wonderful and so appropriate touch!
Glad to hear that you solved the computer audio problems and yes, unplug/plug again is always a possible solution for any computer device issue by lots of years. It seems that the electrical power surges causes the devices issues.
Sending lots of love and hugs across the miles as always!

Sarn said...

Great Father's Day wallet. Hope the computer starts behaving itself soon! xxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Great Father's Day gift for your neighbor. The card will make him smile.
I often deal with sound problems. The first thing I do is make sure I have the speakers turned on. Then run a sound diagnostic. Last resort is what you did but that is rare. The diagnostic usually fixes the problem.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

brenda said...

What a great idea Carol and you ceelbrate Fathers Day same date us us, yet Mothering Sunday different, always find it strange how they vary around the World.

B x

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Lisa said...

Wonderful clean father's day card. I just got all of mine out in the mail.

Shirley-Anne said...

This is the perfect way to say Thank you , I think . Quite masculine too ..well done .

Hena Tayeb said...

Great card. Sorry to hear about your computer issues.