Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Black Magic Birthday Card


 I have a friend who is celebrating a milestone birthday today and her favorite color is pink, so I made this card for her. I used some Black Magic cardstock for this. It's black on one side and pale pink on the other. I embossed a piece of the pink side for the card front and embossed another piece of the black side for the sentiment panel and then sanded it so the pink shows through. I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder along with a Gina Marie Designs Venetian label die as well as a Gina Marie Designs sentiment done with pre-embossed white cardstock. I recently completely a candy dots project and had quite a few of the dots left over, so I used several of the pink and black ones on this card instead of gemstones. 

I will share this with
must use an embossing folder with a twist of "feminine."

Thanks for the visit and may you enjoy a crafty and fun-filled day.
Carol

14 comments:

R's Rue said...

So lovely my friend

Darnell said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty, Carol! Love the black magic!! Hugs, Darnell

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous, the embossing makes it sooo special. Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is so pretty! I love the way the embossed flowers go over both the black label panel as well as the pink background! The sanding over the black really makes it look vintage and so pretty!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! With only a bit of embossing and a diecut you made a masterpiece!! Love so much the EF you used and well done sanding the black shape to bring out the pink! I have a little pad of TH core cardstock, thanks for the inspiration!! The pre-embossed cardstock for the sentiment adds also more interest, as well those tiny candy dots! It's a sweet and elegant card for your friend's birthday! Very well done once again!
Big hugs and smile from afar dear Carol! Have a wonderful day!

Sarn said...

Wow - this card has impact. I love the embossing and the sanded cardstock is very pretty. The birthday sentiment die is lovely. A great card. Xxx

Aquarius said...

Black magic indeed, a very pretty card

Diane said...

Beautiful embossed card, what a fabulous EF folder, love how the color shows thru to on the black piece!! Thanks too for joining our CYHTP challenge my friend!!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I love the pretty embossing and the color combo, pink and black is a fav of mine.

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, Carol! The color combo pulled me in right from the get go! The embossing is so pretty, too! I love the sentiment panel and all the candy dots you added! Your friend is going to cherish this card! Well done! TFS and wishing you a lovely day! Hugs~

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Carol you really have some lovely embossing folders this one is so pretty I do love the black that you have used with it it highlights the embossing so well
hugs
lolo x

Lisa said...

What a thoughtful way to celebrate your friend's milestone birthday! The use of Black Magic cardstock adds a unique dimension, especially with the embossing and sanding technique to reveal the pink underneath. The combination of the Anna Griffin embossing folder, Gina Marie Designs Venetian label die, and sentiment creates a stylish and personalized touch, and the pink and black candy dots add a playful yet elegant finish. Your friend is sure to adore this beautiful card!

Maria said...

Another pretty Mother's Day card! I love the color combo and embossed background!

JD/ Jill said...

Gee! I wonder who that friend is? Oh it looks like the one sitting on my desk right now! I loved this card. So pretty!